Deeper than the Shenandoah -


To: My Daddy

Life's sorrows pull us one way and then the other,
as a river of torrential and cold water,
leaving me on a smooth rock and you on the shore.

You are wading out, with a stick in your hand,
your eyes locked on mine, and when you reach me,
instead of joining me on the rock, you take my hand,
and pull me into the waters, into a giant hug of safety.

The waters continue to swirl and rage, but you hold me tight.
In God's grace we stand as though cold and fear do not touch us,
in your hugs and arms I find the safety that I know will be there,
as long as I call you - My Daddy.

Thank you.

As long as the Shenandoah flows and God is King ...
I'll love you to the moon and back and
all the stars in between ...

Your girl,
~ Jean Marie ~
Isaiah 61:1-3

Comments

  1. Beautiful, Jean Marie! You are so creative!
    I wanted to let you know that I've given you an award over at my blog! Just thought I'd let you know! :)

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean Marie, I so enjoy reading your blog. You have grown into such an awesome young woman. Your posts are fun, encouraging, inspiring, and real. I'm so glad I've found your blog!

    Karen Williams (Sarah, Anna Williams' mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ya'll!! It really encourages me to hear back what you think!!! God bless!!

    ~ Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!