Thanksgiving 2009 -

A precious day of Thanksgiving
to the Lord Who gave us all,
Who became all,
Who giveth and taketh all,
Who bestows us with mercies
and lovingkindness,
and promises to uphold and keep us,
all of our very days,
may you so thank Him for it, today!!!

This year,
although our family is complete together,
all four of us,
we miss some very dear people:
our usual guests: Mr. & Mrs. G!
my dad's grandparents,
and some people who have now joined those
who sit at the Thanksgiving feasts of all
Thanksgiving feasts in the Heavens
with our precious Lord and Savior.

So, I'm just going to link back to last year's post.
I just read it through, and though thinking back,
to last year's Thanksgiving celebration and
thinking of today is hard ....
the Lord is still to be praised,
for wondrous things He hath done!

Thanksgiving '08, a Time of Praise

You can also see more of our celebration
from last year, complete with one darling
Sadie Beth M., our Irish lass,
who had her first Thanksgivin' last year. :)
Click here, and here for more coverage.

"Increase my love, O my God,
through time and eternity."

~ Jean Marie ~

Gourds upon a windowsill at
(Longfellow's)The Wayside Inn,
in Sudbury, MA.

Click here for an excellent account on the Pilgrim Fathers
by Pastor Marcus Serven - it's like being there with the pilgrims,
and seeing what they had, and hearing what was said! :)
Thank you, Pastor Serven for this overview of that day!

Comments

  1. Happy thanksgiving, Jean dear. May God be your chief joy today.

    Wish I was there with you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!