Ev'ry woe He sees -

Last night I couldn't get this old-(er) song
out of my head,
one that we used to sing
when I was young,
that used to play on Sunday mornings,
its words rang so true in my mind,
through the recesses of my heart,
that I knew I should post it here.
Some of you may know it -

"No one Understands like Jesus"(John W. Peterson)
"No one understands like Jesus;
He's a Friend beyond compare.

Meet Him at the throne of mercy;
He is waiting for You there.

Chorus:
No one understands like Jesus,
when the days are dark and grim.
No one is so near, so dear as Jesus;
cast your every care on Him.

Verse 2:
No one understands like Jesus;
Every woe He sees and feels.
Tenderly He whispers comfort,
and the broken heart He heals.

(repeat chorus)

Verse 3:
No one understands like Jesus
when the foes of life assail.
You should never be discouraged;
Jesus cares and will not fail.

(repeat chorus)

Verse 4:
No one understands like Jesus
when you falter on the way.
Though you fail Him, sadly fail Him,
He will pardon You today.

(repeat chorus)

....

"Man of Sorrows,
What a Name!
For the Son of God Who came!
Ruined sinners,
to reclaim!
Hallelujah!!!
What a Savior!"

....

The first of this week's daily
Thanksgiving posts -
on things that we might not always think of
when we say "Thank you" for -
around the holidays.

Today, I'm thankful for:
My Faithful Friend
Who will never fail me,
and understands
my every sorrow -
I'm thankful for Jesus,
the Man of Sorrows -
who claimed me.

~ Jean Marie~

Comments