More of it - #6,932


"My Shepherd will supply my need,
Jehovah is his name.
In pastures fresh he makes me feed
beside the living stream.
He brings my wand’ring spirit back
when I forsake his ways.
And leads me for his mercy’s sake,
in paths of truth and grace.

When I walk through the shades of death,
thy presence is my stay;
One word of thy supporting breath
drives all my fears away.
Thy hand, in sight of all my foes,
doth still my table spread;
My cup with blessings overflows,
thy oil anoints my head.

The sure provisions of my God
attend me all my days;
Oh may thy house be mine abode,
and all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
while others go and come;
No more a stranger or a guest,
but like a child at home."
(Isaac Watts)

A hymn that God has used to bring
sweet comfort to my soul,
while storms and valleys
and sorrows fill my days,
so does His comfort in these words -
He is faithful.

~ Jean Marie~

Comments

  1. Jean,

    I've been thinking of you and praying for you a lot lately! Those are very true words from Isaac Watts...

    "The sure provisions of my God
    attend me all my days"

    I've really been enjoying these recent pictures and posts...

    Love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jean... Love, mrs.d

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still praying for you, dear blogger friend.

    And I am most definitely Betsy. To the core.

    Love,
    The Betsy-Tacin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!