24 yrs...and counting -

"And there's no one
That comes close to you,
Could ever take your place
'Cause only you can love me this way"
(by: Keith Urban)
~

24 yrs. ago
Edward and Mary Ellen
wed
on a fall CA day,
and today - we celebrate their
holy union as husband and wife!

(we also celebrate with
Tilapia and grits for dinner
and thoughts of Thanksgiving pies,
but that seems rather ...
out of the point right now)

24 yrs. ... of this:
Sweetness.
Love.
Cherishing.
Christlike obedience.
Serving each other.
Laying down for another.
Praying.
Guiding.
Letting go.
Giving.
Laughing.
Cryin'.
Comfortin'.
Caring.


Godly marriage on full display:
for their little childrens.


.... and still on display, after 24 yrs.
To their now not-so-little childrens ....

Kimberly, firstborn daughter -

Jean Marie, secondborn daughter -
May 2007
Tenderness.

Kissing.
Being mutual helpmeets,
and working together.

Enjoyment.
Closeness & Hugging.
Renewing Calvinist
and most importantly -
Christ-likeness
every day.
(Ligonier 09,
holding some Winslow and Edwards)

Their marriage isn't perfect, but it is real,
and I know that they both work really hard at it.
It has taught me what a husband must be,
and what a wife must be,
and how an earthly marriage
under the grace of God becomes
such a jewel on this earth.

To 24 years, Daddy and Momma!
To many, many more
Happy Anniversaries!

You hold my love,
now and always,
through the sunshine,
through the rain,
through the storms,
and through the pain ...
You will always have my love,
and respect.

Your youngest,
~ Jean Marie ~

(A hilarious look back at their 23rd
Happy Anniversary blogpost tribute)


....

Oh, and Sadie Beth,
our dear "3rd daughter in England"
wanted to say something too,
per my great intellect, of course. :)
(I'm kidding....)

Dear Mr and Mrs Fambrough -

I knew it was a time for thanksgiving and for anniversaries, even before I started chatting to Jean. Tomorrow will be exactly one year since I landed in Orlando airport and was back in your loving presence. Earlier this month, it was two years since I first met you both (and, of course, Jean and Kimberly) in person. And I knew that it was almost Thanksgiving, and that last year I was there with you.

Then, Jean told me that she was working on a post for your wedding anniversary and invited me to contribute. (
Jean:Muwahaahaa!!! .... oh.)

And now, I'm sitting here, thinking about my memories of you both..... Remembering the way in which you welcomed a relative stranger (and a Brit at that) into your world, remembering Mr Fambrough's sense of humour and Mrs Fambrough's sweet words, remembering delicious chicken salad and the way in which the dishes were washed up afterwards :-D, remembering my first ever Thanksgiving - with you, remembering you both holding hands in Mount Dora, and then kissing while Jean took your picture.... Truly happy memories of you both. I pray that God would bless you both very much on your wedding anniversary, and that you would continue to bring joy to others, as you have brought it to me.

Your Sadie Beth


Holding hands in Mt. Dora.

Kissing while Jean took the picture. :)
(and shrieking with joy, I might add)

"Love never fails.
But whether there be prophecies,
they shall fail;
whether there be tongues,
they shall cease;
whether there be knowledge,
it shall vanish away.

For we know in part,
and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come,
then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child,
I understood as a child,
I thought as a child;
but when I became a man,
I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass,
darkly, but then face to face.
Now I know in part; but then I shall know,
even as also I am known.

And now abides faith, hope, love,
these three;
but the greatest of these is love."
~ 1 Cor. 13:8-13 NKJV ~

.... leave a comment if you'd like! :) ....

I'm thankful for you, Daddy and Momma!!

Comments

  1. Great Posts Jean... sniff sniff.. And to your Parents. Thank you for a wonderful example of True Love and an undying loyalty which is a reflection of God's love for His bride. Happy anniversary and May God bless you with many many more. You have (as I can speak for the one I have met), a great and sweet and Godly daughter in Jean someone to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Mr. and Mrs. Fambrough! May our Lord bless you with many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Fambrough!! You are so inspiring - I hope my marriage is as health and wonderful as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!:D
    May your marriage be blessed with love and joy for all the years of your lives!

    Really a sweet sweet post, Jean. I love how you put in the Keith Urban lyrics. I was sighing with happiness for your dear parents through the whole thing.A post filled with much love. :)

    Love you
    ~Becs

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! May God bless you with many, many more! We have enjoyed getting to meet your sweet family.
    Blessings,
    Jim and Michele

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!