A Boot Shopping Expedition -

August 4th, 2009, Enormous Boot Shopping Expedition by Becca and Jean Marie and Jean Marie's Mama + Camera and two VERY enthused shoppers = 101 pictures give or take a few that possibly I might have miscounted, after scrolling down just now, and it also = a very exhausted blogger, ie. ME.

However. I love Becca, and she hasn't seen any pictures, and has been pretty much the most patient friend ever, and I want to share in the goodness of the day, but, this might be a shorter post (less words), due to the overwhelming mass of it all.

I'm not sure how much background info you really need, since the title pretty much says it all, but I'll give you some anyway, because I am loving like that. So, Becca and I have needed cowboy boots, and we found out that there is a Sheplers Boot Store over on International Dr. in Orlando, and we resolved the importance between our Mommas that we really needed to go there. Our lovin' Mommas agreed, especially since it would save on shipping (haha) and so - we were all going to go together, but the day of, Cam was not feeling well, so it just ended up being my Momma and Becs and I. We had an awesome time, regardless. This was a much-planned for event, by Becs and I....everything down to what kind of socks we were taking, our cameras, and what boots we liked. Trust me, this was the talk for quite some time. :) Twas fun.

So. Here we go - Boot Post ....

Bandaides for both of us, incase we needed them after the end of the day. :) We were sooo prepared. Haha.

Stopping for gas for our SUV ...

TRACTOR! This made us spontaneously break out into singing "Big green tractor" and laughing.... :) It was close enough. Big....yellow...tractor.

So. I must tell you something about our arrival. We were excited ... we were squealing with joy, and I might have possibly been so giddy that I might have been shaking. We walked in the store, and just stopped there, and were like "OOHHHHH!!". You might have just given us a pair of boots we just loved the store so much. It was kind of ridiculous. But - who cares. It was an amazing western store, and we rather joked - we had found the land of the cowboy in a store. :) We oohed and ahhed, and had eyes the size of quarters as we beheld ALL the boots to try on! Where oh where to start?! :)

SEE?
Boot-Lover-Land -
Possibly one of the ugliest pairs of boots there (in my not so humble opinion), but definitely one of the most comfortable pair I've ever worn in my life. They were - in a word -amazing.

I hated the pink stripe down the front, and put them on as a joke, to show Becs, who was one aisle over, but I stopped and just stood there, blinking....and thinking- can I deal with the ugliness by buying these wonder boots? They were made from Python, and were $250. :)

Me wearing "Ugly Pink Python Wonder Boot". Yes, I really did call them that.

Becs' boot that she was trying on ...

Another shot of it...red lizard inlay...for about $230. :)

We LOVED the carving on this bench, in fact, there were so many patriotic things scattered throughout the store, old America type, combined with the fact it was a country store and they played Country Music all day long made us tell the workers we wanted one in our town so we could work there, and wear jeans and bandannas and cowboy hats all day too. :)


Becs admiring the boots in one of the full length mirrors. We were almost completely alone for hours. Mama left us to go to another more interesting to her store. :) We were quite happy.

Pretty much my favorite pair from the day, I think they were Ariats, but I'm not sure. :)

They had red shafts and daisies on the sides, and were pretty comfortable. :)

Our boots together.

Just after taking that picture (above), Big Green Tractor came on over the loudspeakers and we (due to planning), linked arms and danced between the aisles, spinnin' and laughin' and singing to BGT, doin' the Virginia Reel, and mostly staying out of sight of everyone else. :) Haha. It was a great moment of spontaneous dancing and being very country. (grin)

A shot into the mirror of all the boots lining the shelves.

I mean, really. How can you not take pictures of boots when you have a mirror that says "Justin boots" on it, and you are wearing skirts, and there is Country music playing?
I know...there's no holding back for a photographer, or for a country girl, for that matter. So, take pictures we did. See our neat boots?

Beautiful though they were, we did not end up buying boots that day, and indeed, Becs, just a couple weeks ago, bought hers, I'm still looking for "the perfect boot", and think I might be close. :) Close to getting some, that is. Not perfection. Not for under 200 dollars. :)
Couldn't resist, just had to put up both color and sepia. :D
So then we got to the back of the store, after nearly crying over baby boots. I kid you not, had they not been 55 dollars for a pair of 18mo. old boots, Becs and I would both have a pair stored in our hope chests now. :) So - at the back wall in the store, were boots that had labels under them. Labels which we didn't believe until we got to the ostrich and saw the plucks where the feathers had been, and then we rushed back to the first one and touched each one in awe. :)


Rattlesnake. Pretty good use of one. :)

This is what we looked like. Pretty much all the time, except we were smiling much bigger, and yes, I did have my camera glued to my face.

.... silliness on my part ... it's what you get from boot shopping with me, a face that wasn't supposed to be captured, when the camera decided to co-operate suddenly rather than later ...

... later, such as: this one.
Rows upon rows upon rows of hats ... from 20 dollars to a couple hundred.

Becca: "Look! A zeeeebrrraaa rug!!!!", swirling her shoe over the rug to ruffle the smoothness. :)

"How-do, ya'll?"

Becca, in ... was that the Tim McGraw cowboy hat? Or the Paisley hat? Ah, well.

The men's side of the store which we explored equally as delightedly, and picked out outfits for our dads/bros, weddings, etc. *cough* Haha. All in good fun, ladies and gents, all in good fun.

The really neat silhouttes that lined the top of the walls.

Tourist Photo Opportunities that we took full advantage of, and actually ... got good pictures.

In which my remote is put to good use ...

A pretty nice set-up really, as if we were at the rodeo ... our little dream. :)

A patient model ... one of my favorites of Becca - you are so lovely, dear!!

Becca ...

A very, very, very small village. haha.
The wild bull at the rodeo...

A B&W shot ...

Momma, having returned, became our photographer. :) And so I persuaded Becca to climb upon the fierce and mighty bull that we might have photographic evidence of our brave deed.

It was rather hard to find a good position to sit on the wild ... thing.
... and having something or someone to hold on, whilst swinging your leg over was not just important, nay, it was a necessity...that bull was .... slick. Literally.

Becca, mighty and wild woman of the west, poses with her prize bull - El Plastic Seato. Very few can wrangle such a fierce critter, but she wows the crowds with her expertise.

... and somehow, also manages to look calm whilst on him!!! Oh, my!!! (hahaha)

Me: "I will wrangle this fierce beast and save you, M'Lady!!!" Becs: "Do not hurt yourself!"

Two proud wranglers and cowgirls and the fierce "El Plastic Seato" bull of Texas.

.... and then we cracked up into hysterical laughter, and Mom kept shooting pictures while I walked toward her. :) Haha. Thanks, Mom!

We left the bull at the rodeo, and the smiling tourists...thinking - "What a bunch of tourists!" most likely, even though we spotted them as tourists the minute they walked in, oh, except for that person that I knew that I forget now who it was, and Becs showed Mom our different boots.

A gorgeous wild stallion, part of the cool decor there.

The mall that held a bunch of shops ... very Floridian, eh?

Fountains. (oh, really? how amazing! I could not have deducted that myself whilst staring at this picture! *rolls eyes*)

"Becs...don't fall in..."


Becs and I pose with the sweet Beach Boys type car at the Ron Jon's there...

... while laughing hugely ... about something...

... while trying to show off the car, stay on the fence, and not stare right back at the tourists passing us...in amazement. Sigh.

Bass Pro! *shriek!*

Outdoor World ... just ... inside. Heh. I LOVED the red ceiling.

... and the water tower.

... and we felt robbed that we couldn't hook up some of these very fat and lazy fish on some reels. Seriously. What a sad life of a fish.

They didn't like the flash on my camera, hahaha...

I'm not scared of you! HAHAHA!

One of my favorite shots ...

... just HAD to put this one up. Bein' a redhead and all. I take pride. haha.

The amazing trough sinks they had, I really wanted one for my imaginary barn.

We just felt so old-fashioned. :)

The jeep we both wanted.

Outside silhouettes at Sheplers -

and again -

The piazza ... walk to our car. Despite the heat, we thought it a neat place to dance.

A logo I loved.

Getting in the car, to head home ... ahhh, what a day!

But the day wasn't over ... and we sang along quite enthusiastically and as beautifully as we could (for Mama's sake) to Turner/Paisley/Rascal Flatts/McGraw/Aldean....it was great having so much fun in the backseat with Becca. :) Our waters were our mikes.
HAHA...I think this was during a love song and we were cracking up, trying to stay serious.
And then. It happened. It rained. Not some little namby-pamby trickle, no my friends, this was a gully-washin'-see-only-3-ft.-in-front-of-you-rain. For a long time, too ...

See? We actually had to turn off the music because we couldn't hear it. And so we were driving along, and then we saw a huge rainbow, stretching and reaching down to earth on both ends! How amazing! I don't think I had ever seen one that I could see fully, both ends, and we kept on driving, and we thought, maybe, we just might reach it, and be able to drive through it!

I tell you honestly, we were talking about the rainbows (there were a few actually), and I looked ahead, and exclaimed "It's like it's Rainbow Land!!!"!! ... there were a few deafening moments of silence as I realized how utterly stupid that had sounded, and then the three of us burst into long, silent, could-not-breathe-laughing-so-hard laughter. I think I was blushing, but it was the hilarious moment, for sure, of the whole day. I think Mom and Becca laughed for about 5 whole minutes. Wow.

But Rainbow Land it was ...
... and we DID have the amazing experience of driving through the rainbow!! Wow! It completely encircled the car and the road around us!
More rainbows up ahead - we sure were thankful for such an amazing experience!

... and that concludes our Boot Shopping Expedition. :) Happy Trails to You!

Becca - I had one hilarious and lovely day with you, dear friend...thanks so much!!!

Momma- Thank you for driving us, and putting up with Country music all day, and two very excited and talkative back seat girls. Love ya!

Hope you all enjoyed our fun day! Thanks, Becs, for bein' patient.... :)

In Christ,
~ Jean Marie

Comments

  1. *screaming with excitement* BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEAN! You know what, the boots i am wearing in the mirror shot..those are the ones i bought!

    Oh! I love all the pictures! Love em love em love em! Crazy fun memories come back :D

    Let me tell y'all, it took a lot of persuading to get me on that bull, a lot!!

    hahahahahaha rainbow land! That was funny.......

    Thank you Jean so so so so much for putting up this post, I loved every minute of it! Thank you, Jean's Momma for taking me over there! Love you guys!

    Thank you again *big giant hugs*
    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic "girls havin' fun" pics!

    "When it looked like
    the sun wouldn't shine anymore,
    God put a rainbow in the cloud."

    {{* *}}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!