Reason cannot comprehend -



Hey, ya'll,
As I've been thinking about Haiti, and reading through
all the reports and blogs and articles, and
listening to the sobs of the people in the audio clips,
and looking at all the new pictures streaming in,
I thought again of the importance of praying for
the deepest and most desperate need the Haitians have -
it's JESUS, and the HOPE that lies in salvation in Him.
Let us continue to pray with our hearts and minds set
on the highest goal we have - the gift Christ and eternal life ...
for those who lie dying, even now.

I want to share this hymn that I have come to love -
I was flipping through our hymnal tonight,
trying to find this hymn line that has been stuck in my head
for no apparent and indeterminable reason,
(I've been waiting for a good time, and I have now used
"indeterminable" in a post - YAY!!)
about "treading this dusty earth" ....
am I going crazy or is there a hymn with those words?
Anyways.
I crossed over this hymn, and thought it perfect
as a reminder on how to pray for Haiti, as well as
a perfect reminder for my anxiety-prone and
50% grief-filled little heart.
(As if there is such a thing as a percentage of grief - HAH!)

"By Grace I am an Heir of Heaven"
by Christian L. Scheidt (1742).

1. "By grace I am an heir of heaven:
why doubt this, O my trembling heart?
If what the Scriptures promise clearly is true
and firm in every part, this also must be truth divine:
by grace a crown of life is mine.


2. By grace alone shall I inherit that blissful home
beyond the skies. Works count for naught,
the Lord incarnate has won for me the heaven'ly prize.
Salvation by his death He wrought,
his grace alone my pardon bought.
3. By grace! These precious words remember
when sorely by your sins oppressed, when Satan comes
to vex your spirit, when troubled conscience sighs for rest;
what reason cannot comprehend,
God does to you by grace extend.


4. By grace! Be this in death my comfort;
despite my fears, 'tis well with me.
I know my sin in all its greatness,
but also HIM who sets me free.
My heart to naught but joy gives place since I am
saved by grace, by grace."


"That, having been justified by His grace,
we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life."
~ Titus 3:7 NKJV ~

These precious words remember,
with love to you all,
~ Jean Marie ~

"Reason cannot comprehend ... save the thought of LOVE ...
the depth of all we owe to the Giver of Grace."

Comments