January dusk at the river -

This evening, it was frigidly-cold here in FL,
a very chilly 50 degrees, not counting wind-chill.
COLD I tell you. Anyways, I decided to chase some sunlight,
knowing that cold weather brings the most amazing sunsets,
and clear skies, and lovely light -
and also because I needed some quiet river time.

I've said it often - the sea, the water, it's part of my soul.
It holds in me a peaceful serenity that I can run back to,
and still feel like there's something that is quiet in me. :)
I headed over all bundled up after a function to the
Veteran's Memorial along the Indian River ...
if you've never been - GO.
It's one of my very favorite places to be.

I shot 100 pics, which is not that many ... for an hour,
and although I have more, these are my favorites -
I hope you enjoy lookin' through them a bit.
Oh ... and when you're done -
Tell me you're not a bit jealous you don't live here. :D

One of my favorites from today -

A plaque - in memory.
I'm not going to give a narrative, but a comment every now and then,
for something different. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. :)



The reason I look frozen - is because I was.
But look how awesome the light was. Told ya'. ;)


I did not edit the picture this way, to make the slats
this orange, the setting sun streaked them that way.


There's a smile - and there's also a seagull overhead,
you just can't see that. :)


Love the algae growing on the planks.
Wanna guess how I got this? It's the underside of the dock. :D
If you're scared of water or heights or balance,
or hiding manatees or sloshing mullet,
you may not want to guess.

I'm part Indian. Ok, fine. I'm not. But it looked like a Pocahontas shot.

The clear sky brought clarity to the waters,
it was SO beautiful to see down into ... and rare.


Walking out - look how blue that is.


End of the dock's amazing sunset view ... and those
launchpads and VAB are less than 15 miles across the water.
It was so serene and quiet tonight. Perfect solitude.




A favorite shot for a very long time.


The neighboring apartment buildings in the sunlight.


Like a train of lego barges almost, if the land was a boat deck.


My very very cold and getting-chapped hand.



Thankful for the cold - amazing what different light does.


Goodnight, day. Hello, night in all your splendor.

Where my soul says -
"I'm still here, Jean, I'm still holding on."

I live by this. And get to see it in just 10 mins. from my home.

Yes, Lord, Thou has ...

And that was my evening.
Come visit me sometime, I'll take ya' there. :)
I've really loved editing these today,
even though some didn't make it to the blog because
they were so full of emotion, I'm not sure that I wouldn't get
lots and lots of mail on them. :)

Thank you for reading, dear people! Hugs!

"To console those who mourn in Zion,
to give them beauty for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they may be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."
(Isaiah 61:3)

That He may be glorified,
His life in my death, His joy in my sorrow,
~ Jean Marie ~

Comments

  1. These pictures are absolutely beautiful! I agree that Florida is a beautiful place to live. :-) My husband and I are coming down there sometime next month to stay for a couple weeks. I hope I get to meet you while we are there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jean Marie!

    I have just started following your blog~ It is lovely! Thank you for posting all the wonderful photos.
    I wanted to let you know that I've awarded you with the "Fresh Squeezed Award" over at my blog, http://wheretheheartremains.blogspot.com! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... That lighting IS gorgeous! Did you use a tripod at all? They're so clear! I love them all, but especially the ones with reflections in the water and the orange lighting on the slats!

    Love you,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was 16 degrees here last night, and didn't get above freezing all day. Pretty much I just stay inside when it's like that, except to rush to the car and back when necessary.

    The water shots were really beautiful - when I think of water, I think of it as that color. So, good job capturing it, you talented thing, you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across your blog and noticed you mentioned something about wanting/not wanting to cut your hair. Thought I would mention - since I too had long, curly red hair which I adored - if you ever do decide you want to cut it, look into selling it! I sold mine for 1600 (found a buyer through thehairtrader website)! Just a thought. No one ever mentioned the idea to me, otherwise I could have made a lot of money the first time I chopped off about two feet of unlayered, untouched hair! This second go around, I learned my lesson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. (that is $1,600.00, not 16.00) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!