Miss Emily Case -

SOooooo......I wanted to have this up earlier, but you know how that goes when you share a pc that has pics on it, and you've got a workin' dad. :) A sweet and handsome workin' dad....a dad who works....a...oh, wait. This wasn't about him. Right. Uhhh. TODAY WAS EMILY CASE'S BIRTHDAY! (did I just yell that out? oh. heh. sorry.) Ok, so....

Today was Miss. Emily Case's birthday!! Her 18th birthday! I know. SO old. hah. Now, now...I'm 3 years older, so be quiet. (it's really 3 1/2) So I wanted to see her today, and slam into her and give her a ginormous hug and squeal about it being her wonderful day, and sing to her and swing her around....but it just didn't happen, due to the EXTREME cold Artic weather we have down here. Stop laughing. I kid you not. It's not like I live in GA, and get winter for more than 2 months. We get winter for a WEEK, and I live in sub-tropics, people. We've had deep freezes for a week now, and it was so cold today, I didn't even want to take pictures in it. Yeah. Bad. It's in the 20's tonight, and this morning, some counties got snow. What I'm wondering, is where MINE is. Not that I'm demanding that .... did I get off track again?

sigh.... are you wondering what that had to do with Emily Case? It's because there was this event, that was basically outside, and our parents said - "No. Thou shalt not freezeth.". I may or may not have improvised on the wording, but you get the picture. So. I missed you, Emily Case. Sniff. Ok....on with it.

This girl is amazing. Gosh, I love her.
She make me laugh so hard, just look at the
hilarious expression on her face.
Sometimes, she does it...just to make me laugh. :)
LtoR:me, Zander, Emily Case, Emily S. Feb. '09

Darling girl. Beach party in Cape C. Summer '09

Hahah haha!! :D
Love that little 40's girly. -
taken at Emily S.'s fiesta Oct. birthday party,
LtoR: Lane, Gabe, Paulina, Anna, Emily. :D
Btw, Emily Case is an AWESOME photographer.
Check out her stuff here.
(Anna, I LOVE THAT SMILE!) ... sorry,
sometimes my love for friends spills over. :D

HAhahha...I love her. crazy. In Tampa for the
premiere viewing of the Mysterious Islands by VF!
Nov. '09 Yah, no...she really is that adorable.

... and these are the only ones out of order,
but they are my favorites, so I had to put them last!
These were taken at Lauren's party in Sept. '09,
which, yes, I plan on posting this week.

Hello, dearie! :)

This is one of my favorites EVER of her.
SIGH. I just love it! You will hear the story later,
but she's leaning on an amazing wrought iron wall piece.

... on the photoshoot ... thanks for all the fun, Ems!
Emily Elizabeth Case is a pretty amazing girl,
in case you don't know her.
She is tenderhearted, sweet, hilarious, kinda crazy sometimes,
knits and runs a little Etsy shop, takes pictures,
does insane impersonations of...things on her Mac,
loves some adorable kids to death,
and prays for you when you need it.
Which, being me...she gets practice, let's say. haha.

She gives REALLY good hugs, and also shoves you off
your boogie board into 12 feet of water.
Now that's what you call love. Or whatever.
In case you don't remember that, Emily Case,
I will remind you that in the aftermath,
your statement sounded something like:
"Oh! I'm so sorry! Did you need it for that wave?",
as I cough up saline and tread water until she shares the board.

Yeah. I still love her. :D

She's become a best friend in less than a year,
and I've been blessed so many times over by her,
and I'm so thankful for her as a friend to encourage,
support, share, love, and live life as sisters in Christ with!

Ohhh...one more thing. I must tell you this.
She loves boots, and due to her - all of our gang now
knows how to dance Cotton Eyed Joe.
We are forever indebted to this girl.
I've danced Cotton Eyed Joe everywhere.
Elevators by myself, bathrooms, bedrooms,
restaurants, in woods, pastures, whathaveyou. :)

Thanks, darling...for that, and being such a friend.
I love you, T. Sweets!!!
Happy 18th birthday, and may God bless you abundantly.

~ Jean Marie ~
Psalm 103

I quote her on a comment from here -
" I'd say you're having too much fun
with your camera these days
...but that's not possible!! :D
xoxo
p.s. we should go for a photoshoot some day."
YES, Emily Case, we SO should!
I'd love that.
Swate Tae OUT!

We love you, beautiful girl!!!! (Olivia hugging Emily Case)

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Emily!!!!!


    Great post Jean!

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jean!! You are just so sweet. I am extremely grateful for you and your friendship to me!
    And yeah, ok, I do sort of remember the boogie board incident...sort of ;) Haha...oh and Train Mouse!! Aahaha. Too funny.

    I love you, and thank God for you, sweet girl :))
    Thanks for the post!

    ♥Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. in the picture of me at the premiere, I can just see the words running through my head... "Ohhh Danny boy...the pipes, the pipes, are calling...."

    :D Great times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone else look at the last pic
    and think
    Elinor and Maryanne?

    What a beautifully crafted young woman you are
    at 18

    It will be a joy to
    watch you blossom
    as you

    "Walk in a manner worthy of the God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory."

    I Thessalonians 2:12

    Celebrating Emily Elizabeth!
    {{* *}}

    gorgeous post Dearest ~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!