Salt-water Rain -

The fresh-water tears have been dropping from the heavy-laden skies quite a bit lately. I think they have been mimicking the amounts of salt-water tears that have fallen from my eyes the past few months. The tears have not been joyous or God- exalting at times. They've been agonizing, stressed, guilty, crushed, desperate, wounded, deep and dark, not-understanding, wretched, painful, hurting tears.

They rushed one after the other so as not to leave the next drop, the last one, alone. They have been cried day in and day out, leaving for a few days and returning with a fervor that only comes from keeping them in too long. They came a few days ago, and I simply let them fall. They had good reason to fall, and they came not just for me.

The rain has been falling ...
for a long time now ...
it has come out of places I didn't know existed, and places I knew I held back ...

sometimes one solitary tear ...

pulling me away from what I made up, to what I knew deep down ...
that one burst of sun in the clouds of deepest dark that mimicked my soul ...

no one could understand me like my Savior, and He kept me all night long ...

... the rain, has been falling for a long time now.
It still falls in me, harshly, quietly ...


... but gently, slowly, the rain waters one small thing -
that looks like hope.
Someday I'll rejoice when I see it bloom. Because I will know exactly Who watered it there.

~ Jean Marie

Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful Jean Marie.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears are precious. They cleanse the soul at times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!