Our Lauren -

Our Lauren ... is turning 21 years old tomorrow!!! :) YAY! I have been going through my pictures just now, looking for ones to put up, and may I say that I have a shocking lack ... I say, a shocking lack, of pictures of sweet Lauren. How could I be so remiss? :) It really is only because I've known the Hope family for all of - a year, I believe. Still ... I am resolved to do better. Next I see her, the camera will be around much more. :) HAha. I'm not sure she will be as happy as I. She should.

So, I met Lauren a year ago, and one month, and it was at the Stone's family party/surprise last June, '08. Wow. It seems soo much longer. I remember meeting them, and both Joseph and Lauren were rather quiet...and you know me. HAha. NOT quiet. I was thinking "Oh, no...what do I do with quiet people??", but it began to wear off that night, and over talking online with other friends, on Google-chat, it wore off some more...and by the November '08 Barberville, we were having a grand ole time, all of us together, and now ... none of us are quiet, my goodness...we have so much fun together, and talk nonstop. Haha. Those who do stop talking do so only because they are laughing so hard they can't breathe, or to take pictures. :D I love it. Lauren and Joseph and their family have become dear friends to me ... :D Which is why I am so excited that tomorrow is Lauren's birthday! WOOT! :D

Lauren - I've loved meeting you, talking with you, and becoming better friends with you. It's been a: laughing-can't-breathe-hysterical, choking-on-my-food, you-had-better-not-be-serious, I-can't-believe-you-just-said-that, I-love-you-so-much, all around great year knowing you! :) I can't tell you how many times I have sat laughing in front of my computer screen at something you've said...or written...or smiled at your pictures, or even cried over encouragement or comfort from you. No, really.

It has been so special, I am amazed by God's goodness in allowing me another close friend who believes in important things like I do, and loves to ... contra' dance! Okay, so that wasn't going to go in that sentence, but it snuck in there. Can I get a countdown, please, until the Nov. Barberville? It is: 3 months and 2 weeks! WOOT!

Okay .... (another close friend) who believes in God, and seeks to honor her Lord, in how she acts and dresses, and the things she pursues ... I am so thankful to know you as a close friend. I'm praying that your 21st year will be so wonderful, but above it all, that you will regard the Lord Jesus as your greatest reward, your most valuable friendship and treasure, that you will fall in love each and every day more with the Lover of your soul. It would be the greatest thing I could pray for you.

Mercy - allowed to such wretched sinners such as we, is truly grace exemplified. The cross - where our condemnation was put to death. The resurrection - alive we live in Christ, the promise to live forever before the face of God.

Happy 21st birthday, Lauren Brittany Hope. I hope I will be close friends with you for many more special birthdays. I love you, Lauren!!! :D God bless you, sweet dear.

So grateful to Christ,
~ Jean Marie
Isaiah 51

November '08 Barberville. These have got to be some of my favorite shots of Lauren, they just capture her sweet personality and easy laugh, and .... stunning looks. :)

Seriously. Does she
have to be that CUTE? Haha...so sweet.

Awww...."our" lovely girlie. And her bro in the background.

Awww. Bro. and Sis. Photoshoot by Anna, and I, sort of ... I was distracted, but anyway! Siblings who love and respect each other as God commands us to do so...are few and far between all over our world - but I've found some in the friends I have. I'm so blessed!

Pink flowers for a lovely girl in pink. Now a young woman! Joseph's just there to look ... dashing, or something. HAha.

Lauren, sweet Mattie A., and Emily S.

The Stone Family Hymn sing! LtoR: Anna S., Lauren, me, Emily Case(HAHA), Emily S., Zander L., and Joseph. Out of all those, only Zander does not have a blog. :D For the record, this shot cracks me up in laughter every time I see it. We have SUCH fun.
I decided, instead of stealing the pictures and giving credit later, I would just link over to these two blogs for some fun shots of some of us girls together with Lauren.

Emily Case on March '09 - May I just say that at the end of this post are some pics of us girls that Joseph so kindly took and that we were laughing really hard, and that yes, the 2nd to bottom picture Anna is wrestling me into place, apparently I wasn't listening or something. These pictures make me laugh, we are crazy, but a good lovin' crazy. :D

Lauren on Spring Barberville '09 -
Joseph also took these, and again, may I say ... these make me laugh. Laughter just comes when you are with friends who you can be yourself with, and talk all day with, and not be bored because you can't breathe in between taking pictures because half of them turn out so horrible or hilarious. Yup.

Good friendships with like-minded people and Godly family are the best. Which comes back to you, Lauren! I so hope that your day tomorrow is a wonderful and sweet one. Just like you. :)
God bless you, love.
~ Jean Marie

Comments

  1. Sugar and Spice7/26/09, 11:21 AM

    HI! I saw your comment on Mckmama! I wanted to share my website with you: Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
    I will be donating a portion of all sales to the String of pearls to help families and babies like Stellan! I am trying to get it out there in any way I can! Please let your family, friends etc. I would really appreciate it!
    Thanks!! :)
    -lexi
    Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you Lauren! Praying for the Lord's marvelous plans to be completed, in His timing, in your life! Happy 21st birthday my dear!
    Love and Hugs,
    ~Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post, Jean! You are always so thoughtful! :) I'm glad we got to spend my birthday with you and your family! Your friendship has meant so much to me as well!

    We'll certainly have to work on getting more pictures of us!

    Love,
    Lauren

    (And thank you too, Anna, for the birthday wishes!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!