A present in the post -

- from my dearest friend in England - Miss. Sarah M., or as we call her, our Sadie Beth. She so sweetly let me know a few days ago over my birthday, that a present was coming from her in the post (mail), and today, the much-awaited present came!

I was excited.

I was also surprised, and determinedly set about to let her know how much I loved the present. I wanted a very visual and surprising thank you. I instantly pounced on something that she had written ... one of her favorite memories with me is: posing for photoshoots. I almost immediately after reading that, decided to do one in her very sweet and special honor. So...I dressed up, pinned my hair up, and gave her more of a 40's-50's look into what her present coming may have looked like. :)

See?


Not only did she send me a present, but also a note, and two sheets of 21 Memories, and 21 "Likes of Jean". Seriously. How sweet is my friend? :D SO SWEET! Thank you, dearest!

She slid my present into here, for safekeeping, and then, I assume, made it gorgeous by her natural talent that saved me a few times over back in Thanksgiving, haha. Yes, I'm 21!

Oh, my, my, my! It was sooo lovely, I'm never throwing it away! Look at the little golden stamped flowers and the 21's, and the hearts and flowers! So romantic and pleasant!

I shall call this: "The Gift". She took pictures from her last visit, and put them into a frame!

And so I set out to put her framed pictures to honor. :) And her special gift. Laurie's gift is also in this picture! The lovely, adorable hat! And yes, I thought it an elegant touch to pose in front of Kim's framed picture of the Westminster Divines (I adore saying that). And now! A photo tribute to the gift from Sadie Beth ~




I can't look at this one without thinking of Casablanca, haha.
Now without the hat....


I love it, love it, LOVE IT. Kisses for my Sadie Beth!

"Look! There's us!" :D

"Only...(sob)... Sadie Beth isn't here! She is away...across that pond of blue....(sob)!"

Looking at the picture doesn't make missing her any easier.
(dramatic and longing sigh inserted here)

Oh sadness, oh, sadness! How we miss our Sadie!!! (wipes away imaginary and dramatic tears of deep anguish)
Really. I miss our English girl. We all do. We love her so.
In all seriousness, Sarah, I loved my present and notes, thank you so, SO much, I'll treasure it...and look at it lots and smile often. Thank you, thank you!!! Haha, hope you enjoyed the fun!

Only wish you could have been here in the photoshoot with me! :D Thank you once again, dear.

I love you ever so...oceans and mountains. :) (wink)
Grateful for our redeeming Lord,
~ Jean Marie
Your "Plonker" :)

Comments

  1. I love the photo shoot, Jean!!! And Sarah!!! This captures our thoughts of you so perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful post! What a special gift, Sarah. And what a cute photoshoot, Jean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, you're adorable!!

    What a special surprise to have a blog post in honour of my gift * happy smile * and I love the photoshoot!! The 40s/50s style looks great and they are very fun and sweet pictures and comments.... Love that first photo, and the one of you excitedly pointing to the picture of us :-) Thank you *so* much for doing this - such a dear, creative, and memorable way of saying thank you :-)

    I miss you too...

    Lots of love, you sweetie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your photo shoot was beautiful and very creative! I love the gloves and your hat!
    Love you lots!
    ~Becc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sadie Beth...what a charmer you are!
    I all but swooned at the creativeness of your gift. I can hardly wait to touch the framed present! Such memories contained therein!
    On a very much excited note...
    HAPPY 21ST JEAN DAHLING!!!
    Been bending over backwards trying to think of a creative gift for this special milestone! Hmmm...? We shall see what all this thinking produces. :D
    Love you dearest!
    Crushing you in hugs,
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!