Trusting in Kings

Today is a huge day for America. It is election day, well, it is waning into its last 4 hours, but the worry, anticipation, debates, and voting goes on. And tomorrow, we shall know who will govern our country for the next 4 years. I am not eagerly staying up until 3 in the morning to view the results. If you are - have fun. And for those of you who want to know who I voted for? Do not ask, because I will not tell you. I have friends who are voting for Obama, and friends who are voting for McCain, and friends who are voting for Baldwin(3rd party Constitutional Vote). This post is not to decide who is the best candidate for the presidency. I have decided that the old saying "Don't talk politics at church" is a wise saying. I have decided that I agree with it. I have also decided I do not like politics or debating, I like to have peace. Which is why I shall be so relieved when this is over, and that will not be tomorrow, unhappily. It will be a few weeks yet, because everyone will feel their need to express their astonishment over who has won, why they won, why they were not qualified, who they voted for, and why America is the worse off now that we have this new unwanted president, depending on their views.
I will say one thing...this has been the hardest election I have ever had to decide on. It has effected me personally, I found myself so many times wondering why I was so alone, thankful that I saw things differently, but not thankful that it was so hard! This must change for me...this decision was hard for me for a reason. God made it hard for me for a reason. I prayed for the past election between Bush and Kerry. I prayed hard. This election, I prayed for wisdom that I would not do what was wrong, that I could vote in a good conscience, that I would have peace about my vote. And God answered that prayer. Yesterday I didn't do any school, just sat at the computer for 5 hours reading, reading, reading, and writing out questions for myself that dug down to what really was the problem with my struggle, and why was I afraid to vote for what I believed in? I prayed, read my Bible, cried, and prayed some more. I did not see why it was so hard for me to vote. I still am not sure, but of this I am sure - I found comfort in the Lord yesterday in the midst of my struggle. He answered my prayers with mercy and peace, allowing me to vote in good conscience in what I believe is right.
I am so thankful. God is good. And I am at peace at what happens, in whomever wins because of what I am going to write next. This is what calmed my spirit yesterday, among other verses, it apply describes today and the days to come in this sinful world. And it brings comfort to my confused, saddened and yearning heart.
Psalm 2
"The Messiah's Triumph and Kingdom"
Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
"Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Their cords from us."
He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.
Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
and distress them in His deep displeasure:
"Yet I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion."
"I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.
Ask of Me, and I will give You
the nations for Your inheritance,
and the ends of the earth for Your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter's vessel.' "
Now therefore, be wise, O kings;
be instructed, you judges of the earth.
Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
and you perish in the way,
when His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

Amen, and Amen, and the Lord is all my comfort in times of trouble.
~ Jean Marie

Comments

  1. I agree with you completely- except the quote about "religion and politics don't mix"... I don't believe you can have sound politics without sound faith. If you left God (essentially "religion") out of it, you'd have people who lied, stole, blackmailed others, etc. running rampant with no reason not to do sinful things. Our Lord is our standard for everything- even in politics.

    I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing..... It's just a thought. :oP

    I know what you mean though. I'm sick of being at odds with people because of who I chose to vote for.
    I will be glad when it's all over.

    However, I did enjoy voting today for the first time, even though you're right- it was a tough choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    Thank you for pointing that out to me, I did not mean it that way, and have taken it out, so as not to confuse others. I totally agree with you. The Word of God is the most important thing to base our government and politics on. I think our views are pretty much the same.
    You are welcome to lecture me again, if you so think is important. :D
    Love you,
    Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... You're sweet. I think the whole election thing has messed with my brain! lol

    Thank goodness it's over.... : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!