From Earth to the ISS-

Ya'll. This just blows my mind. I just sent a postcard from my computer that re-routed through the NASA feed from my desk in FL, USA, Earth ... to the ISS that is in Low Earth Orbit.

The International Space Station. Yes. you read that correctly.

Doesn't that just blow you away!? :) haha, I think it's pretty incredible! Which is why I think you should send a postcard too. Today is Commander Scott Kelly's birthday, and NASA has set up a link for you to send him a postcard, with one of Mr. Kelly's pictures of Earth on the front, for his birthday!! I think it's a wonderful opportunity, don't you? :D I agree.

So head on over to HERE. and just look at those images! Mr. Kelly has been a long-duration crewmember on the ISS for 4 1/2 months and will return in March of this year to Earth! I know many of you have been praying for his sister-in-law, Rep. Giffords, and for their families. I think sending a birthday card with your wishes for him and some Scripture about earth or space would be really neat. :) That's what I did, and thought it would be special if ya'll did too!

Here's what I wrote ... and just reading through Job 26 amazed me.
Floored me over who God is. Job 26:7: "He stretches out the north over the empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing." On nothing God hangs our world. WOW.
May you treasure these truths!!
Amazed at Earth, Space and our God who made them!
~ Jean Marie ~

"Happy Birthday, Mr. Kelly!! :) How strange and yet exhilarating to write you from earth, while you are in orbit in space! It amazes me ... and God amazes me! The pictures you have taken are incredible, I too, love photography, and think you have one of the biggest honors, sir ... taking pictures of Earth from a perspective few have seen, besides the eyes of the Creator God. Job 26:7 says "He stretches out the north over the empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing.". The glorious creation you take pictures of was created by God for His glory and our pleasure! Thank you for working at the ISS, and I continue to pray for you and your family. May God bless you, Mr. Kelly, as you work there, and as you return home. Happy Birthday from a NASA girl. :)"
~ Jean Marie ~
(age 22) Boeing/NASA daughter

Comments

  1. You are something special My Dear!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!