Upon my knees -

Hello, my sweet friends and readers ... those I know and do not know,
I'm sure you haven't noticed, but it is summer here, and that means - it's anywhere from 90 degrees to 110 degrees with humidity factored in, which is basically a cicada sounding Steam Spa. But I love it here and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Ligonier Conference was WONDERFUL, and I have many pictures and surprises and pages and pages and pages of notes. I want to type them all up, and am going to do so, when I have that chance!! Life ... since we returned last Sat. from Orlando, has been crazy busy, and in a way, a bit of relaxation time as well, sooo...we've been out. :) I want to tell you ALL about it, and I will, but right now I want to talk to you all about something that is weighing heavy on my heart.

I'm going to ask for prayer, and I'm going to do it shamelessly, because I think it is our privilege as brothers and sisters in Christ to be praying for those we love, and those we may not even know, but still fill the craving space with prayers to our loving God on the behalf of those that are suffering.

As many of you may already know, Josh Harris mother, Sono Harris, is suffering from Stage IV Cancer. You may read his blog, be friends with him on FB, listen to his sermons on the SG website, know him personally, you may know the whole family....or have met Gregg and Sono at a conference .... the Harris' have been a huge impact upon my life, and upon many people that walk this dusty earth. If you don't know about Josh Harris, and his books, then you might know about Brett and Alex Harris, and the Rebelution, but if you know ME, then you know about them. :) They are amazing, incredible, teaching people. Half of this I know, because I've read articles and heard sermons and heard of their faithfulness through their children.

So I'm going to link you to Josh Harris' blog:



They are such precious people. Josh, his wife Shannon, and their three children, had to leave yesterday and say what may well be their last goodbye to Mom and Grandmother, as they went back to Maryland. What an incredibly hard thing to do ...

I am sorrowing, I am heavy-hearted for them, yet the joy upon Miss. Sono's face, the radiance ... it is overwhelmingly beautiful to see. What a beautiful lady she is, and how much she esteems her Savior. God gave her "unique energy", as Josh puts it, to spend the time with the whole family, getting individual pictures and family pictures taken, just recently. What a GREAT blessing. I have looked through these pictures, with tears in my eyes, and could not tear my gaze from Miss. Sono's face ...

We love you, Miss. Sono. I am praying for you ... from the time I heard ... to when you leave this dusty and weary Earth, to meet our Lord in the air, what JOY shall be upon your face, then, even more than now .... Harris family, I love you, and am praying for your comfort and rest.

Please, please join me, in gathering together to pray for the saints,
the beauty of the Lord's will being done, even as we grieve a loss for others,
the depth of the riches of God's mercies be upon them, we pray.

Thank you, sweet friends.
~ Jean Marie ~
Isaiah 61:1-3

The Gregg Harris family: Gregg and Sono, Josh, Joel, Isaac, Alex, Brett, Sarah, and James, who is about 10 years old, I believe. That's not necessarily in order, and please remember their families as well ... Please be in prayer, with me.

Comments

  1. It was Gregg & Sono who gave us a
    "foot up" in home education
    waaay back in the late 80's.

    My heart is heavy, indeed.

    Thank you for a beautiful post acknowledging
    this woman's impact on the world.

    Strength for today and
    bright hope for tomorrow.

    {{* *}} w/ tears

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!