Sunday Reflections (4) -


Sunday Reflections Week 4!

Today in church I sat next to my honorary grandmother. We sang together out of the same hymnbook, our voices blending together with our congregation's triumphant, rolling singing. After we sat down, I noticed her tucking that white tissue back into her purse, and as the preacher prepared to give his sermon, I put my hand on her leg, and asked if she was okay.

She laughed, as she would, "Yes. It's that one verse that always gets me.". I wiped a tear off her cheek that was quickly rolling down. She sniffed a few times, and thanked me, and I sat back.

A minute later, I leaned in again, "Was it the third verse?" I asked, with a bit of a grin, and she laughed back at me, shoulders shaking. "Yes!". We shared a laugh, and I sat back, her hand patting my leg.

Me too. Oh, Me too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus, What a Friend for Sinners by J. Wilbur Chapman (1910)

" 1. Jesus! What a Friend for sinners! Jesus, Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me, He my Savior, makes me whole.

Hallelujah! What a Savior! Hallelujah! What a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving, He is with me to the end!

2. Jesus! What a Strength in weakness! Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing, He, my Strength, my victory wins.


Hallelujah! What a Savior! Hallelujah! What a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving, He is with me to the end!

3. Jesus! What a Help in sorrow! While the billows over me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking, He, my Comfort, helps my soul.


Hallelujah! What a Savior! Hallelujah! What a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving, He is with me to the end!

4. Jesus! What a Guide and Keeper! While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night overtakes takes me, He, my Pilot, hears my cry.


Hallelujah! What a Savior! Hallelujah! What a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving, He is with me to the end!

5. Jesus! I do now receive Him, More than all in Him I find.
He hath granted me forgiveness, I am His, and He is mine!


Hallelujah! What a Savior! Hallelujah! What a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving, He is with me to the end!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Even when my heart is breaking, He, my Comfort, helps my soul.
And He is with me to the end!!
With love,
~ Jean Marie ~

Comments

  1. I think hyms are just the greatest! This one is beautiful! What a wonderful song!
    Prayers & Blessings!
    ~Kristiana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!