MO&FL Family Beach Day -

Hey, ya'll...

Well, I figured that if I started posting one set of get-together pictures before the other set was up, I would get fired by the Missouri part of the crew, and most likely the Flagler Beach part of the crew as well, and since I happen to like my blogging "job", I am posting the pics from the MO/FL Family Get-Together. :) Aren't I loving?

So, for a little info, the Littmann family was comin' to visit us here in FL, as well as catch up with family, and they wanted to meet some of my friends, and so, some of us all got together a week and a half ago. :) We had, to say the least, a wonderful time. :) We did, in order: Beach, walks on beach, beach, walks on beach, some crashing in waves (me) and then dinner back at the L's beach house(which was soooo good), talking (not just by me, thank you very much), English Country dancing, led by Stephen Littmann(thanks SO much, Stephen!), some Contra' dancing and some Cotton Eyed Joe, singing, laughing, group picture shoot, talking, hugging, goodbyes, driving home and going over the bridges staring at the stars and twinkling lights of boats and houses along the river leading to the ocean. It was an amazing and loverly day.

Thank you so much, Littmann family for hosting it all, and thank you to every family who was able to come, ya'll made it sooo fun and special! :) I loved every person there! HUG from Jean!

That's your background check .... oh, and we missed you Fosters! The poor Foster family had come down with the swine flu ... but we assured them that we would have another Flagler/T-ville Beach day soon, although they really wanted to meet the Littmann family. :)

Oh! And to Mama Lynn, I am very, very sorry ... but -I do not have any swirly skirt pictures. I know, I know. Please - go ahead and cry. Surely that is cry-worthy. The reason is entirely because I was too busy dancing to take pictures. I didn't want to miss ANY dancing.

The very lovely and wonderful news is that Emily Case did get dancing pictures, due to Momma Case getting some, hooray for the Cases!!! :) Go here to see Emily's great post on the night, as well as some quite hysterical ones of our group shoot. HAHA. She also was the one with her camera at the beach, so she has some sweet shots of that as well! Thanks, Emily Case, so much! :) And ... I hope you will forgive me, Mama Lala. :) I love you! Mu-wah!

So, down to the day ... we had some very fun sights before we got to Cocoa, I was ecstatic to be riding shotgun (not literally, ahem) and have my camera. :D First off, while on SR-95, we were following a caravan consisting of a slow-moving semi trailer with something inside, (ahh, the mystery), a RV, a truck with flashing lights and a "wide load" banner, and 3 State Troopers. We followed them all the way from when we got on in T-ville to almost to Cocoa. We think mayhap they were going to Patrick AFB. :)

See?

Dad later explained to me, and asked me to count the tires on the trailer ... and I couldn't, but there were lots, and he told me the reason for this was primarily for weight reasons, not to mention it was going slowly. So. Heh. Draw your own conclusions, but we were thinking Uranium encased in lead. But you didn't hear that here...ya' hear?


Do ya' see the state trooper at the back? When this red truck tried to pass, the STrooper cut over with no by-your-leave, about a foot in front of the truck, and cut him off from passing. The State Troopers did not want people passing when they were on a curve. It was crazy to watch. We figured, though, that if they didn't want people escaping, they would have had air support, so we think it was a transport of some kind. To say the least, it made the trip very diverting and fun. :)

See the Disney bus? I done told them people it was dangerous goin' to Disney!!! :D

Leaving the secrets out on the highway, and heading off to beach fun. :)


And off to the next fun thing - at a stoplight we were right next to a fire engine! I was pretty happy, but I tried to take pictures without the firemen inside noticing. After all, that would be rather embarrassing. :) What I truly wanted to do was to stand up through the open sunroof and take perfect pictures, but actually thought that just might be a liiiiittle over the top.

Look! It says: "Keep Clear, Electrocution hazard" HAHA! :D

Tower Cocoa 51 Beach Firecrew -

The ladder -

The pictures that I have from all our fun times are only from when we were talking, saying goodbyes and taking our group shots. :)

My dear Anna, (center), Emily, Mrs. Hope, and Mrs. Lynn. Gotta' love Anna's hair! :)

HAHA! Stephen's surprised face lit up by his camera glow. :) Great one, Stephen!

And so starts the attempted group shots. :) Much laughter was had by all. We had 2 Nikon cameras, one Canon, and Stephen's point and shoot all lined up, and pushing the 10sec. timers and rushing back into place had Emily Case, Stephen and myself working hard, and the rest laughing!!!

Starting to filter into place, while the three youngest girls sit quietly and sweetly. :)

HAHAha, good one...oh, but we lost Emily Case!

Oh well. We got almost everyone looking. :) Do you really want a list? Ok ok.

First row, LtoR: Emily Case, Lauren, myself, Kimberly, Jessica L., Stephen L., my Momma, and my Daddy, next row: Michelle Lynn, Olivia S., Renee' Joy L., next row: Mrs. Hope, Mrs. Littmann, Mr. Littmann, and Zander Lynn. And last choppy row: Mrs. Case, Mrs. Lynn, Emily S., Anna S., Mrs. Stone, Gabe Lynn, and Joseph Hope!!! A very jolly group of peasants.


A very sweet and darling little waif. Ok, not a waif...a Cotton Eyed Joe dancin', boot-wearin', Country song singin', Canon-totin', swirly-skirt-wearin', cute eyes sparklin' and gentle-huggin' girl .... named Emily Case. :) Love you, girlie.

Oh, and did I mention ... photographers somehow make great faces? Or at least this one does...oh, and yes, photographers also lift their cameras up to get air shots like Livvy's doin'. :)

Emily and Zander! :D Great smiles, ya'll! We were all rather jealous, Emily got to wear Mama Lynn's very pretty blouse. :)

That wasn't long! Look who popped back into the picture? AHHA! Nice, Emily C. On the left, you also have Gabe, who is in vain trying to get my camera to click on remote command ... while I take a picture. HAha. And for some reason, on our right, Michelle is looking a little forlorn ... poor sweet thing. :)

Jessica, Emily, Anna and Renee' Joy talking ... of various and sundry things. :) I'm so thankful ya'll were able to meet!
And goodbyes at last were said, and we headed out at the late hour of 11pm. :) Ya'll were so hospitable, and thank you to everyone who drove for an hour and a half or 2 hours to come!

Mrs. Hope gives Mrs. Littmann a big hug. :)
I knew everyone would get along famously, and they did. :) It was such a blessing to me, and I hope it was to everyone else as well, to be together with such laughter-filled and God-praising folks and having cheerful conversations.

Thank you to everyone who worked so hard, and to everyone who brought food, it was delicious, and to our Heavenly Father, Who makes time together with friends something to praise Him continually about. May His name be glorified!

With very fond memories,
and with thanks to our Lord,
~ Jean Marie

Comments

  1. Aw, Jean! I love it! Wonderful post, and what a great day to post about. Great pictures too!
    It was great meeting the Littmann's! Very grateful to them for opening up their home, I know we all had such a great time.

    Thanks for posting...t'was fantastic, sweet fellowship :D

    ♥ Emily Case
    a.k.a. The 5 Second Slave ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading that now - I said "great" a lot...hahah. Can you tell I had a great time?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww Thanks for posting, Jean! It was so nice getting to meet the Littmann family! We all had a fabulous time with everyone! I, like you, only got pictures after the beach... :( But I had an awesome time anyway!

    Love,
    Lauren

    P.S. That was such a GREAT comment, Emily! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is great.
    He opened a window of time
    and blessed us all.
    {{* *}}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!