My Soul, my life, my all - Hymn Post 3

"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." - Galatians 6:14


"When I Survey the Wondrous Cross"
1. When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

2. Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.

3. See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

4. Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

Comments

  1. Hi, Jean. I loved reading these last two hymns you posted in particular: "Beneath the Cross of Jesus" and "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross". I was wondering . . . if you don't mind, do you know who they written by (and the year)? :) I don't have the hymnal, here. :( Yeh, I might want to print them out to read. I like doing that to favorite hymns. I know you're busy: so, don't stress over it. . . . hope you are well . . . love and prayers always for you, sis . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mournful hymn always promotes two effects when I sing it:
    Prompts weeping
    Turns my head and heart Godward

    It is all about the blood, and the blood is enough.

    Power, power, wonder-working power
    in the blood of the Lamb!

    Love to ya Miss JM,
    {{{* *}}}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!