Independence Day 2014 -

{Ipod Touch picture}

 Happy 238th Birthday, America!!! Happy Independence Day, Americans!! 

"Our hearts where they rocked our cradle, 
Our love where we spent our toil,
And our faith, and our hope, and our honor,
We pledge to our native soil.
God gave all men all earth to love,
but since our hearts are small,
Ordained for each one spot should prove
Beloved over all."
~ Rudyard Kipling ~ 

So, so thankful to be an American. I've listened to Ray Charles sing "America the Beautiful" only about 19 times today, and I teared up every single time. I hope songs about my country always make me cry. I hope y'all had a great 4th of July!! I loved the fireworks show our neighborhood put on tonight....and I'm even more happy that no stray mortars from our giddy neighbors took out any houses, or trees, or fences, or mailboxes or......well let's just say they were shootin' off some heart-pounders down heah. Southerners take fireworks very seriously in the South. Rain or shine. I wouldn't have it any other way. ;) 

With love always,
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments