October 7, 2013 -

Today marks one year since my wonderful, precious Grandma Florence slipped from this world to enter into Heaven to be with the Savior she worshipped and adored. It was a loss for us, and a celebration for her! I fully intended to write a huge post with lots of photos and words, and I couldn't bring myself to do it. To go through all the photos would just be too hard on me. I realized as I started it, and as I tried to get some of it done...that I was so tired. I'm tired of sorting through funeral photos, I'm tired of taking funeral photos and I'm tired of anything to do with it. 

Put tired and emotional work together and it usually leaves me in a crying mess on the floor. So I decided I would just let it go, after all, it doesn't really matter. What matters is remembering her and the JOY that she has known for a full year! It has probably zoomed by for her as much as it has for us!! 

And though this won't be a long post, I want to take a moment and thank so many friends here in FL, and from afar, who loved us through our sad days and served us in every way they could. The body of Christ is a beautiful, tender, mercy-filled thing in grief, and we've been loved so well. 
Thank you! 

Tonight a storm moved in, the wind whipped the trees and these dark blue, grey and white clouds obscured the sunset. I thought how like grief that was. Grief and earth are the clouds that obscure our sight of Heaven, but God and His mercy shine the sunbeams out the top so we can see the glories of His promises to us. 

I thought it was very fitting that it rained today, after all, it rained the night before she died, when I took this photo - 

She is very missed. Grandma Florence, and my Mom, and in front, myself and Kimberly. 

This life will swiftly be gone, like the storm that whipped through here, and then we shall be at Home forever with the Lord. I can't wait. Until then, it is a sweet knowing that I will see my Grandmother again, and that just as last year, when we mourned her passing, we also rejoiced, and are still rejoicing a year later, how fully ALIVE she is! 

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." 
~ Psalm 16:11 ~

"Well the bear will be gentle, and the wolf will be tame, 
and the lion shall lay down by the lamb.
And the beasts from the wild shall be led by a child,
and I'll be changed, changed from this creature that I am!

There will be peace in the valley for me someday.
There will be peace in the valley for me, O Lord I pray. 
There'll be no sadness, no sorrow, no trouble I see - 
There will be peace in the valley for me."
~ Thomas A. Dorsey ~ 

With love and joy,
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments

  1. This is only pre-life. REAL LIFE waits ahead. And it's going to be just dazzling!!
    Much love,mcd

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!