Five Minute Friday: Together -

From Lisa-Jo Baker, the Gypsy Mama"On Fridays around these parts we like to write. Not for comments or traffic or anyone else's agenda. But for fun, for practice, for joy at the sound of syllables, sentences and paragraphs all strung together by the voice of the speaker. We love to just write without worrying if it's just right or not. For five minutes flat."

Today's prompt: Together

~ Go ~ 

Ah. Together. 

Such a happy, lovely sounding thought. Sweet memories flow over me at the sound of it slipping off my tongue. Together. It's easy to smile at knowing we could be, will be, have been - together

Like Anne Shirley says in Anne of Green Gables"True friends are always together in spirit." 

So I go looking for pictures of all of us together, and I find many. It's hard to stop smiling when I realize how many I have, and it's also hard to believe that God has blessed me so much with each one of you....each one of you readers, and each one of you -
 my friends, my family, my community. 

Myself and one of my best friends, Laurie. Fripp Island, SC. March 2013

The bittersweet strikes its chord, but I was expecting that. 

There are those who I'd love one more "together" with, but I won't have for a very long time: 
Those baby togethers with Avery, his brilliant blue eyes holding mine with a touch of amusement. 
The teasing jokes and constant hugs with Barbara, if I got the rare chance to be around her. 
The long e-mails with Mrs. Young, and the very short conversations with Mrs. Sproul. 
The hugs and guitar songs floating over us at Thanksgiving when Daddy and Mr. Gilchrist played. 
The way my Grandparents each said my name a different way, and hugged the daylights out of me. 

The knowing I could BE together with them, if time or space permitted. It does sting.
But it stings less when I know we will have together time again. It will only sting for a little while, and then no more. 

And I find myself floating back to the smiling photos, the sunglass ones of the beach and the hilarious ones with the crazy faces that we probably won't ever blog, the holding hands and enjoying life ones....

But together isn't just nearness in a physical sense:

It is phone calls whenever you need someone to cry to, and your best friend picks up. 
It is long e-mails back and forth about anything and everything and life in general. 
It is a short walk or a long walk or a hike up a mountain, and your whining makes you both laugh.
It is the way praying makes you love people you don't even know, and blogs bring you close. 
It is sitting in the quiet with your Dad on a bench, not needing words.
It is hugging your Mom at the end of a long day, and knowing you are loved completely. 
It is remembering great memories with your sister and enjoying reliving times shared. 

It is living life, sharing memories. It is blessings, hopes, dreams, joys, sorrows, tears, laughter. 
It is love, it is tender, it is real, it is gracious, it is precious, it is sweet. 

It is my favorite. I love to be together. 

~ Stop ~ 

With much love always, 
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments

  1. This:

    It is sitting in the quiet with your Dad on a bench, not needing words.

    and this!:

    It is sitting in the quiet with your Dad on a bench, not needing words.

    Beautiful post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!