Kayaking with Libby -

On Sunday night, I received a sweet FB message from Libby asking if I wanted to take her newly bought double kayak out on its maiden voyage. Of course I said YES! Then on Tuesday night, I freaked out because I realized that I didn't have a flotation case for my GoPro.

Yes, you read that right!! I bought a GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition for my 25th birthday. :D
I've been wanting one for 2 years, and just decided I didn't want to wait any longer. I looove it.
Still obviously trying to figure out how to pretend I live dangerously to get good footage, but you know. I will get there, one way or the other. ;) It came on July 5th, amid MUCH squealing of joy.

Ok, so back to the fact I didn't have a flotation thing for the waterproof casing. I was sick at the thought of dropping it into the river, never to be seen again....until I asked Daddy and he came up with the brilliant idea of putting it on a lanyard around my neck. It worked perfectly! I even tucked it underneath my life vest when I wasn't holding it for shots, that way it was out of the sun. :) 

So here is that video! I've decided to just keep up an anonymous YouTube channel for my GoPro videos...obviously, not super anonymous, since y'all will know, but even my blog isn't in search engines, so that makes it more private than telling, you know - the world

Libby, thank you so much for wanting me to come along! I love you! And thanks for being patient every time I freaked out about shallow water and gators. I like a lot of things, those two are neither of them. hahahaa. We had a great time! We kayaked for over 2 hours, and had great weather! We saw: dolphins, manatees, ospreys, blue herons, snowy egrets, 1 bald eagle, kingfishers, scrub jays, jellyfish, crabs, mullet, pelicans, and sandpipers! It was the absolute best July weather we could have asked for.

"That sounds just like Sauron's gate!! Ahahahahaa!! *1 minute later* Ok. That's creepy."



With much love,
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments

  1. So fun!! I'm craving some outdoor fun.

    Now I can't wait to see the ridiculous video of my cat sniffing your camera. Pahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!