"Cold is the Night" -

Good evening, all ....
 It's only been a few hours since I've started listening to this new band, and already I've been uplifted, gleefully stomping my feet, and also moved to tears. This particular song went straight to my heart, and I wanted to share it here tonight, at this place that has known the heartbreak and the joy, and knows the long road and all the burdens that we carry through these Shadowlands. Tonight and tomorrow and all the rest of our days, may we know the joy of our Lord taking our burdens and carrying them for us, and know that He steadies us every day with mercies for this life.

I've seen the things that I must do, but Lord, this road is meant for two...
so I am waiting here for You. 

With love always,
~ Jean Marie ~

Click the title of the song to listen along. 


"Cold is the Night" by The Oh Hello's ~ 
"Cold is the night without you here, just your absence ringing in my ears.
And hard is the heart that feels no fear, 'cause without the bad the good disappears.

Long is the road that leads me home, and longer still when I walk alone.
Bitter is the thought of all that time, spent searching for something I'll never find. 

Take this burden away from me, and bury it before it buries me. 

Many are the days I've wanted to cease, lay myself down and find some relief. 
Heavy is the head that gets no sleep, we carry our lives around in our memories. 

Take away this apathy and bury it before it buries me. 

Steady is the hand that's come to terms with the lessons it has had to learn.
I've seen the things that I must do, but Lord, this road is meant for two...
so I am waiting here for You. 

Take my hand and set me free,
take my burdens and bury them deep,
take my burden away from me,
and bury it before,
bury it before,
bury it before it buries me." 

Comments