God is so good -

I'm writing that title because I believe it. I believe it today, and I know it is true. 

2 years ago this weekend, I spent 3 days with John and Audra and Avery, working their book booth at FPEA here in Orlando. It was an exhausting, hilarious, new, memory-filled, baby-adoring, picture proven, wonderful, blessed time. I have about 400 pictures of their visit, all sitting in iPhoto. They are the adored pictures. When Avery was just 4 months, and he adored the Mickey Mouse we bought him in Orlando. When Avery was laughing and giggling and full of the joy that made him so amazing. 

The photos sit untouched but much loved. They are treasured now. 

2 years ago, I was cradling him in my arms for the first time. Now he is in Heaven. 

This weekend, I'm going to a Bible conference by Sovereign Grace, here in Orlando. I'll be mere minutes from the place I was 2 years ago.  I'm so looking forward to it, and claiming the joy that the Son of God Who died for me is holding in His arms of love one of the sweetest little boys I've ever known. 

That is JOY. God is so good. 

I'm taking my memories of 2 years ago with me. I feel like I'm taking that whole weekend along with me. Those memories, those photos, those long hours where my arms ached, but I wouldn't give up holding him for anything. 

I'm taking all that with me. I'm asking for peace for John and Audra and Henry. 
I'm thanking God for the JOY of Avery, today and forever. 
And as always, I'm taking my love of him with me wherever I go. 

Much love,
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments