Sunday Reflections (15) -

I found this song just this month, and I've been playing it over and over and over. When I find something that resounds so deeply in my heart, I keep reminding myself of it, because I know the Holy Spirit is using it to change my heart, or remind me of something I need.

And I could not need anything more than knowing in the deepest part of me that IT IS TRUE. There is so much wonderment at Christmas. Did He really come to Earth for us? Could He really love us so incredibly? Is it really true that because the Son of God came that night, we are forever heirs and children? What a truth! What a promise! God came down to save us, His broken, desperate, longing Israel, His beloved children. He came to be with us, Immanuel.

Take a listen. I know you will love it. And probably put it on repeat too. Know it is true, beloved. Know it with every breath you breath and in the core of your life. He came. He redeemed and forgave us. He loves us. He reigns forever. It is true. 

"And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus,
 for He will save His people from their sins." So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us." 
~ Matthew 1:21-23 ~



"In your heart you know it's true, though you hold no expectation. 
In the deepest part of you there's an open hesitation. 

But it's true! Kingdoms and Crowns, a God Who came down to find you. 
It's true! Angels on high sing through the night alleluia! 

You heard it told, you think it's odd. The whole thing fraught with complication. 
The play begins with the baby God, and all His blessed implications. 

But it's true! Kingdoms and Crowns, a God Who came down to find you. 
It's true! Angels on high sing through the night alleluia! 

Alleluia, Alleluia. 

But it's true! Kingdoms and Crowns, the God Who came down to find you. 
Oh it's true! Angels on high sing through the night alleluia!

In your heart you hope it's true. 
In the deepest part of you. 
It's true! It's true!"

~ by Sara Groves (featuring Toby Groves) ~ 

Comments