Away, away -

Sometimes I just want to lie down in a grassy field and go to sleep to the sound of the wind over me. I never, ever want to wake up, I just want to dream about being in that beautiful spot and feeling the wind rustle all around me. Dream about flying about without a care in the world and in the loveliest, most graceful, airy white dress that you could imagine, picking flowers and throwing them into the wind, and then just flying away. Away, away and away.

Over the coast of my beloved ocean, around the cliffs of where my dreams are, the blues and greens of the water and the craggy rocks where I write my heart down on paper, the sky neverending in its coolness and brilliance, over fields with animals drinking from creeks, past those red barns and stone cottages with the water pumps in their gardens, across the sand dunes piled so high they threaten to tip over, through the valleys filled with wildflowers and between the mountains clothed with pine, birch, and every other tree, flying between the weeping willows' reeds and breathing in the smell of camellias and jasmine.

Soaring over every landscape I could possibly imagine and beyond that, seeing the stars up close for the very first time, sifting the fine gravel of the moon through my gloveless fingers, fearing nothing, not the sun to burn me, nor the space for lack of oxygen, twisting and twirling and diving into the sea to look at the deepest depths that would somehow be lit with light to see the coral and fish and all the deep by, to feel small next to the whales and large next to the tiny sparrows that Jesus loves us more than.

Flying high and swooping low to hear the sounds of all creation singing at the top of their lungs for their Creator, the harp and the trumpet and piano and the cello and the guitar and every instrument with music so light and triumphant and glorious that everywhere I fly, I can hear different stanzas to the same beautiful tune, to breathe deeply of thornless roses that bloom so wildly that whole acres are filled with their scent, with children giggling and scampering among them, filling their arms with every and tulip and daffodil and flower that you could imagine, to only throw them again in the air, or make garlands for the free horses that thunder through the sandy paths along those craggs. The people singing of redemption and honor, picking the sweet fruit that blooms constantly, with juice running down their arms and washing themselves clean of stickiness in the sweet water of the mountain creek, flicking water and laughing with joy, children riding the backs of tigers and cheetahs, racing faster than I can fly, the lion sleeping in the sun, nuzzling close to the lamb.

Dancing in the banquet hall. Running to meet all those precious babies that had been missing from the other land, scooping them up for hugs and kisses, singing with joy for the saving of the sinful for the glory of the King. Laughing until I can't breathe, and knowing no reason to stop. Twirling my white dress and being as pure and holy as white is defined, because God named white. Rejoicing because there is no sorrow or grief. Praising because He is worthy. Singing and singing because I will never leave this place. Lifting up my head with no shame, ever ever again, for I am the Princess of the Most High, and I am His beloved forever. Hands in the air held high in exultation of the One who made all this for us
... to smell the orange blossoms and finally be HOME. HOME with the One I love.
With unveiled face I will see Him. There my soul ... will be satisfied. Soon and very soon.

I will fly, fly away .... away away away .... and oh the amazement when I one day wake up from that dream to find it better than all that I could ever dream.

Better than anything I could dream is the Home He is making for me.
What glory! What joy! What peace, and rest and love when we reach Heaven,
and see face to face the Lord that we have not seen, yet we love! :)
The Holy Spirit calls us to yearn for that Home, and I believe whispers sometimes in those blessed dreams that are full of sweet knowledge and rest against the heart of God.

In rest of that one day ....
~ Jean Marie ~


1 Corinthians 2: 7-9
"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery,
the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known,
they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
But as it is written:
"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
nor have entered into the heart of man
the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

Isaiah 65: 17-19
"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
and the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;
For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in My people;
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,
nor the voice of crying."

Isaiah 35:10
" And the ransomed of the Lord shall return,
and come to Zion with singing,with everlasting joy on their heads.
They shall obtain joy and gladness,
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away."

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!