Mims Memories Weekend -

Hey, ya'll and yeehaw!! :D

This past weekend, Friday and Saturday, our friends the Stones held the long-awaited Contra' dancin', campin' out, music jammin', fellowship and all around exciting party at their home. However, since my daddy wasn't tooooo thrilled about me spending the night sleeping a tent when it was supposed to be 40 degrees that night (or so), we instead hosted the Hopes and Emily Case at our house. :) It was great fun ... not that we did anything except moan about our injuries from dancing, brush our teeth and sing at the same time, and fall into bed for our measly 5 hours of sleep before getting up on Saturday morning to head back to the Stones. hahaaha.

Thanks to a text from Gabe, we officially woke up laughing and hurrying just a bit more to eat one of the last donuts. :) And I mean ... I woke everyone up. Let's just say that I woke up Emily Case by singing to her, and playing with her hand, and she looks at me like - "you are kidding me. it's morning?". hahaha. Loved it.

All that to say - I only have pics from Saturday. Emily Case's post on the weekend is ... here. She had wayyy too much fun with her new 50mm lens. Which is why that picture of me making the crazy face is on there, because I love her so much, that I let her use it. And that is all I will say about that. :)

Saturday! Here we go ....

It was a windy and freezing (I kid you not, it was 42 degrees at BEST that morning) morning, and some of us went to cuddle the baby goaties before breakfast, although several of us had our morning shot of mocha-coffee, consisting of: 1/2 cup of coffee, one packet of cocoa mix, a couple tablespoons of half and half, and some sugar. I know, I know...but it tasted sooooo gooood.

On the way back, I ran ahead of the bunch, and stood my ground as they (practically) stormed towards me, and yelled - "be a BAND!!!"... and so they were. Kind of. Nathan closed his eyes. Thanks, Nathan. HAhahaha. I had great fun making up names for these 3 shots. :D

LtoR: Gabe, Zander, Olivia, Emily Case and Nathan.
"The screaming and frozen donut chasers Band Album Cover 1."

"The Swaggering Mocha-Coffee Gangsters of the South". Yeah, baby!
"The All American Contra' Dancers Tutorial DVD" aka:
what happens when Nathan jumps so high that I cut off his head.

Little darling with her hot mocha.

"DO NOT EAT FRANK!" (joke...and I don't know the whole story)


Jammin' time!!! They sure can render!!! hahahaa!
LtoR: Momma Lynn, Mr. Sparling, Isaac, and Emily.

Sweet Michelle girlie.

Some of the people playing games on the outside porch
... much laughter was ensuing.

While inside, we were going through songs faster than you
could say "Wee Doagies!", okay....maybe not, but we were sure singin'
and strummin' and clappin' up a storm of old hymns and songs!
- Cody on guitar.

Isaac on bass guitar. I have no idea why everyone looks so serious
here, but may I just say that Isaac is amazing on bass.
Amazing, I say.
Pure joy to hear him pick up anywhere, and play it out...
thanks, Isaac!


Sharin' a page of chords for Star of the County Down -
"From Bantry Bay up to Derry Quay,
from Galway to Dublin town, no maid I've seen like the
sweet colleen that I met in the County Down."
LtoR: Dakota, Isaac, and Carrie


John on mandolin, Dakota on guitar, and Isaac on bass.


I take a wee break to take advantage of the break in the drizzling rain,
to catch some shots of the warring tribes of the Ultimate Frisbee War.
I love how Zander and Nathan are fighting over that throw, and
Rebekah S. just stands there like - "Really? He can't catch that!" Haha!


I join some lassies in the goat shed, to hold and caress some
little goats ... I'm not sure if the goats weren't just as pleased,
seein's how they had a warm body and arms to cuddle in. :)


Audrey holdin' sweet little Vally ... I think.


Mrs. Stone and Susannah S. Would you LOOK at those
beautiful and stunning blue eyes of that little tot? My!


A boy and his goat. (well, borrowed at least...) haha


Go ahead little girl, take a lick or two. Awww!


Zander bein' .... Zander. :D Just the way we love 'im.
Nathan coaching Zander on being more dramatic for
the "dramatic Ultimate Frisbee photoshoot", hahaa...
I gave him the camera, told him not to drop it, and went inside.
He cracks me up. hahaha!


... and it was lovely meeting Miss. Dakota!!
Emily in the mirror. It's like Katie ... except for not.
(think Anne of Green Gables, you will get it)
Boots, ya'll. And proud of it. Even the little 'uns run 'round in
pint-sized boots, and I love it ... here's Emily Case's pair.


Precious friend Emily and I.


Possibly my favorite shot of the weekend - a Sparling lass with
her two handfuls of wildflowers, studying with interest the offered
flower to add to her collection. :) So sweet.


The two Emily's. I love them both so much! haha.
And that was our weekend ... complete with some other things, but here's the picture take on it, from my camera!! Hope ya'll enjoyed it. I am heading out to MO on Wednesday, so this will tide you over until I return!! Hopefully it will. hahhaha. I am flying out for another wedding, oh my! :) I hope to be a blessing and joy to those I will see there, and that I will come home rejuvenated for more life at home.

A HUGE thank you to the Stone family for throwing such an amazing get-together, definitely the best yet, and such a tender and loving time to so many! My feet were not as thankful, as Friday night I spent about 2 hours straight dancing, and softening up my pair of boots. haha. At least I didn't fall on the sidewalk or slice my leg or twist my ankle like some other ... friends. Poor things. Thank you also to everyone who I danced with!! Twas a joy, and really ... hysterical. I laughed so much I could hardly breathe. :D

And out of all the ashes that we see, and
those that have yet to come, He will redeem them,
and trade in beauty for them ... out of these ashes ...
BEAUTY will rise!!!!
With joy, and thankfulness,
~ Jean Marie

*Now that I have the Star of the County Down stuck in my head, click HERE if you'd like to listen to my favorite version of it. :) Beautiful.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh! And I would like to announce that the total funds raised by the giveaway, comments, and purchases for the Haiti Children's Relief came to a grand amount of ........ Twenty-five dollars!!! Maybe not a huge amount, but a good amount, sent by our loving hearts to those sweet people. Sent with MUCH prayer. Thank you all for participating, and the funds will be wired soon! And Miss. Katie will receive her sugar scrub very soon as well. :) With love, Jean Marie

Comments

  1. Wonderful, Jean Marie!! You crack me up. I so enjoyed reliving the weekend reading your post. Your pictures are wonderful :D I just had such a fantastic weekend!

    Going to listen to Star of County Down now....

    Much love, see you when you get back,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I absolutely love the picture of Mrs. Stone and Susanna with the goats! What a precious little smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean Marie, It was great to "meet" you, lol. What a nice day we had on Friday when Mike and I were able to be there. I was so glad the rest of our bunch were able to go over on Sat. as well. They had a blast! The pictures are wonderful, thanks for sharing them,
    Your Friend, Mrs.Sudlow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Little Missy! Your're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!