Mrs. Krause -

Today ... is Mrs. Krause's birthday.

Happy, happy, wonderful, lovely, sweet birthday be to you, Mrs. Krause! :) I really wanted to surprise you with some wonderful gourmet creation of a dessert, and balloons and presents and hoopla and singing ... but I'm afraid that this will have to be your present. Because I'm sure that the people that I would round up to do such a scheme are busy, and I know that because I already know what they are doing. (how did I get off topic?) So! I hope you enjoy this blogpost a little, as your present. :)

Mrs. Krause ... I can't remember a time when you have not been a gracious or welcoming hostess. I want to grow up and be like you. Haha. I remember when Paulina and I would play Life, sometimes I would name my family the Krauses, so I could have twin boys, haha. :) I grew up loving to get together with you all, and spend the night, and go swimming, and beach, and bowling and all sorts of fun things that involved sports that I didn't grow up doing, or eating out at fast food, or eating Filipino food, which is like .... epic. Haha. Truly. You are such a great cook, and you were always feeding me, and I was always happy to eat it!! Thank you!

You've welcomed me in, made me feel like family, and kept me for days. :) You've encouraged me, pushed me, and prayed for me. You've been a wonderful "best friend's mom", and a great best friend to my mom!! You and my mom have shown us girls and our girl friends how to be Mamas, and to be daughters of the Most High King. You and Mom homeschooled all the way through on all your kids! Congratulations!!! :)

Thank you for being such a strong presence of Godly character and grace for me, as I grew up, and as I grow up. :)

And now... haha, pictures from 2008 -

Mrs. Krause -

I love my mom and you doing garage sales on the hottest day in July, and having us man the tables for an hour while you .... "Get coffee". :) Just kidding, ya'll work SO hard!

I love your doggie, little Greta.
I love your sons, and Mr. Krause ... and how much they make me laugh all the time!

... and how they teach me so many things that I never knew ... like how things come apart and never go back together, and how not to shoot a bow and arrow, and how to laugh at life.
I love your daughter ... she truly is one of the best friends in my life, and I love her like a sister.

Our memories and times together are always precious in my mind and heart.

Hey, look ... we sort of grew up! :) And we couldn't have had better moms.
My Mama and Miss. Monica K. - best friends ... and Moms of best friends. And maybe, Paulina and Kimberly and I will be moms to best friends ... a third generation, eh? :) Love it.
Happy Birthday, Mrs. Krause! I love you so, SO much, and pray often for you!! God bless you on this wonderful day, and this next year. :) Thank you so much for all you are to me!

In God's grace,
~ Jean Marie

P.S. Mama isn't really that short, she is just laying back into the couch (pic taken Christmas '07).

P.P.S. Leave a happy birthday comment for Mrs. Krause if you'd like to! :)

Comments

  1. Hey Sweet Lady. We have my daughter snowed about how wonderful we are - let's not tell her we are not perfect! I missed you today. It didn't seem right to not take you to breakfast. I wonder if I will ever get over you going to work...Trust your day has been special as you are so special to me. Thanks for being my friend.
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Mrs. Krause! I'm so grateful to the Lord for how mightily He has worked through you and your family in my life.
    A true testimony.
    I love you so much!
    And...
    I couldn't ask for a better mom of one of my best friends! :D
    Big Birthday Hugs,
    ~Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MRS. KRAUSE!!
    I want to echo exactly what Anna said :)
    Anything I can think of has been summed up by Anna already ;)
    Love you!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Mrs. Krause!!!!!
    *singing happy birthday*
    You are such a sweet christian lady!
    God Bless
    ~Becca Foster :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Mrs. Krause


    Your brother in Christ
    Joel Gaffney

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!