Almost-all-by-meself-afternoon -

Ahhhh...summer!!! Oh, and for those of you who are wondering if my grammar has finally failed...it has not. I meant to write meself. It's an old-English thing. One that I tend to use.

On Tuesday, I had piano, and I also had a couple errands to run, and so ... I did. :) Halfway through errands (BCC, Beall's Outlet and Staples), I was starving, since it was 3pm, and so ... I treated myself to McDonald's. Yes, oh, yes...it's true. You should have heard my drive-thru conversation ... I ordered the Ranch BLT fried chicken sandwich, and after asking if they had Root Beer (they did not, memorize this for future reference), I asked - "Um, but, could I have no tomato, please?", she said - "What? Could you repeat that?", "Uhh, sure, sorry ... I don't want any tomato on the sandwich.". There is 3 seconds of silence, and then I say "Is that okay?", and she says - "You can have whatever you want....(chuckling)". Ha HAHA! So I pull up to the window with a huge smile on my face, and some country playing, and she gives me the change and a receipt with a smile of her own. HAHA...see how I spread the fun and cheer? :) Haha...

So. Then I drove back to the Veterans Memorial to eat my lunch, since it is one of my favorite places in Titusville. I got there, and was ecstatic, because I was the only one there! I always feel safer when I am alone, and aware of everything. :) I walked out on the dock to the gazebo and sat down and ate my lunch. Oh, and may I please mention that it was at 96 degrees outside? That's what the thermometer said, but I really think it was hotter than that. By 40 minutes later, when I got in the car, sweat was running down my back and moisture covered my face in a sheen. Whew! AND - about 20 minutes of having my drink (full of ice when I got it) outside, I shook it, and there was no ice left. HAh.

See my lunch? And yes, I got the meal - Dr. Pepper and fries and all. 'Twas goooood.

The view from where I sat and ate. Ahhh....shade.
The flags snapping in the wind, the most prominent of them: the US flag with the POW flag underneath. Sobers me. Every single time.

A wee bit of netting caught in the planks, and yes, I was lying down.

The wooden railing, and the waters as far as eye can see.

What a change no light on the lens makes! I did not edit this to make it dark, actually, I edited it very little...and look what a neat shot it is! Hooray for...me. Okay, fine - hooray for my Nikon.
The waters ... lapping and splashing, a couple feet deep, holding all sorts of fish friends and vegetation.
Colorful changes of the planks and posts of the gazebo.
This glass bottle was sitting in the opposite corner from where I sat, and after staring at it during lunch, curiosity got the better of me, and I headed over to take pictures of it. :) It was a bottle that someone had put a few pieces of paper with writing inside of it and wrote on the outside - "Read me!". Well. I did not. Because it was most likely a prank and not a million dollar treasure map.
A close-up to quench your curiosity ... and after reading two words, I lost interest, since they were "suicide bomber". Ah, yes. I left it far alone. Although I considered grasping it and breaking the bottom off to use as a weapon if I felt threatened, because by now, there were a couple people milling around the park. "I have a bottle, and will use it!" Haha. No worries. :D

I had to darken this photo so that you could see the little Needlefish. Can you spot them? :)

The view back towards land from the gazebo.

This was crazy! There were hundreds and hundreds of swarming schools of baby mullet.

Every "pinprick" in the water you see is a baby mullet, surfacing. :) Wowee. You can click on the picture to enlarge it, and maybe you can see some of them, it was amazing! The whole surface of the water would be completely still, and then it would shiver and ripple as they all would swarm and rush in waves. Most likely, they were being chased, but it was a glorious sight!

See the patches? Sooo many little mullet! :D

When I first saw this picture, I laughed aloud!! HAHAha! It is just hilarious. I was attempting a head shot with some sun flare, and this is what came out! The sun rays are slicing into my head! :D Yes, I am sure I am now missing some brain cells, haha...I really love it though! :D

After lunch, I walked out to the end of the dock, and took more pictures. After all, what else to do after a fun lunch and no time schedule? Oh, happy, happy day. Yes, indeedy.

... and look, it's as if someone tied some string there, just for me!!

A little spider was there to keep me company. "Hello, little fella'".

"Lookin' for some shade, eh? Good plan, good plan."

I almost can't write anything about this next picture because I love it so much. To sum it up: I love the blues in the background of the water and the sky. I want rooms in my future home that color, I want fabric that color, I want clothes that color ... I just adore that shade. How lovely of God to make it. Thank you, Lord. And look...at the shredded tape at the end of the railing pipe, it's like me ... shredded, ripped, reaching ... for the completion of reaching another piece of pipe ... being whole and not so torn anymore ... but firm, solid, and letting it all unwind.

Mmm...Thank you, Lord, for blues and meaningful pictures.

Fishing line tied, twirling, twisting, slipping down to the water between the cracks.

Crab leg, anyone? :D

Perhaps my favorite shot of the whole day. Oh, sweet summertime...don't ever leave my heart.

The fries and bun pieces that soon I would be sharing with my feathered friends.

I am always curious about what it would like to be the person next to me, not being ... me.

My shadow on the water as I leaned against the railing -

The seagulls sensing some sort of sumptuous supper soon - :D

The faster bird catcheth the french fry. :)
... and also the bun pieces. :) There was much squawking and screeching made by the slower seagulls. :) Haha. I threw things quite quickly, as I wasn't stupid, and didn't want to be attacked by kamikaze seagulls. I've seen it many times ... stop laughing. I actually feel bad for those tourists.

Waves lapping and splashing, seagulls crying and screeching, wind tousling and rustling the palms, hot sun blazing, flags snapping in the air ... "Hello, home".

The flags that wave for those who have died in the wars we've fought, and for those who lived through them, but gave a part of themselves to keep us safe....

And this what you look like after spending an hour outside on a hot, humid, windy day at the river. See the hair? Oh, and the red face? And the grin? :D

Against the water ... I really love this shot. Because look ... what is there not to love about this place that I was at? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

The very happy Ibis birds eating their fill of little minnows and various water critters.
The memorial walk lined by balls connected by chains and tall palm trees.
The memorial, with bricks full of names and dates ...
And then I left the memorial, to shop some more, and then head home...oh, but I must show you this pair of cute shoes that I wanted to buy, but they did not have my size! :( So sad ... they were only 7 dollars, and would match a dress I had to the tee! Oh, well. :)

Are they not cute? I think so! Grey crinkled satin.

I am now fascinated by taking pictures of myself in my driving mirror, because of all the natural light and different shots that come out of it. Like, say, this would be a normal picture, but it's not. Can you guess why? It is because of the amazing color at the bottom. Just look at it, the green on one side and the blue on the other. It's like God paints these colors into a shot just for me to fall in love with afterwards. Those could be the colors in my bedroom, and I'd never complain. :D Sigh....

The summer view outside the passenger window after pulling into the driveway.

And in B&W, once I saw how it looked, I wouldn't change it back, because I love the B&W too much, haha. :D

And this is what I look like after driving for 10 minutes with the windows down, the sunroof open and singing along to "Big Green Tractor". :D Happy, happy, happppeeee!!! :D

See? (grin)
Much love to you and yours, dear people! God bless and hope you have a wonderful, wonderful rest of the week! As I told a dear friend, "It may be the start of school, but it's not the end of summer!!!", and that keeps the sun, beach and warm breezes alive in my heart. :) And, after all, summer ends in October, or November, in Florida! Haha.

Thankful to God for all seasons!
~ Jean Marie

"For everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."

Comments

  1. Hahaha great post Jean. I am always amazed at how you put your thoughts and feelings into words, I guess it is God's gift to everyone :-) God Bless and keep up the wonderful posting. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post....you are a very creative blogger! How you can take an event, like eating lunch at the memorial, into an adventure(including, a message in the bottle!)
    I burst out laughing when I read the part about tourists and seagulls.. LOL!
    OH! And those are the shoes!
    Great post, Jean!
    ~ACE :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha You make me laugh!!! Soooo funny. Miss you!! -Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean Marie, I love the shots of you with your gorgeous hair!!!

    However, I would advise you to watch this video about McDonalds Food. :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCfHA7AdjIY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!