No More Funerals -


This morning as I was putting on makeup for Georgia's 3rd Birthday Party, 
which is happening in a few hours (how does life go so fast?!), 
I was listening to hymns & worship music as I often do during getting ready,
and I was struck with a strong Truth that bears repeating, all day, every day, 
but very significantly, especially today. 

I've written many friends since 1 month ago about the heartbreak I bear for others when I attend
funerals for their loved ones, and I've said "I can't do any more funerals. I can't bear it. I'm done.". 

As I put on makeup this morning, I realized that we live every day in the sometimes realized, 
sometimes not, reality that we will attend many more funerals in our lifetimes.
Some of us more than others. 

My heart says "Enough. I've had enough. It's too much now.", but I'm only 27. 

And then it hit me. 

Although we live in this reality of going to funerals, of bearing the sorrow of our beloved friends, 
of holding them up when they are falling down, of doing whatever we can to let them know they are
loved and known, of mourning with them as they say their last goodbyes "Until Forever"....

.... this reality will not always be. 

This reality is overshadowed by the brilliance of the promise when Jesus will say: 
"No More Death, No More.". When He will conquer death once and for all, and there will be no more funerals. 

This is not just a "One Day" sort of thing. This is a live-in-every-day-promise that sorrow will end. 
Death will die. God and His Children will live together, forever. Funerals will be no more

And Aslan spoke: "The term is over: the holidays have begun.
The dream is ended: this is the morning." 
~ C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle ~ 

Our last battle shall be death, and then we will never fight death or fear of loss ever again.
His victories are ours, the Crown of Life ours, Life Everlasting ours, No more funerals, ours. 


"And I heard a loud voice from Heaven saying,
 "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with me,
and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people.
God Himself will be with them and be their God.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes;
 there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. 
There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." 
And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, 
the Beginning and the End." ~ Revelation 21: 3-6

This promise is worth an every day/every moment reminder for me. Thank you, Jesus. 

~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments