New Smyrna Beach -

 McKenna organized a Beach Day at New Smyrna Beach for yesterday late evening, and let me tell you....it was nothing like what I thought it would be. It was a little windy earlier in the day, so I was pumped for some waves. It's also Summer and July, so....I was expecting hot. Even if it was a little rainy. 


Well. 

It was FLAT as a lake and COLD as the icebergs melting. Now suddenly I believe in Global Warming. 

It was insane!! I had goosebumps almost the entire time. It was frigid. hahaha. Oh well. At least it was super clear and pretty!! And near the end we did get a few waves. I'm just so used to Playalinda, where it's almost never ever flat. It was freaking Shannon and I out a little "It's flat! It's cold! It's clear! It's flat! There's no waves! HOW. IS. IT. THIS. COLD. It's too cold!" kinda sums up the first hour of us being there. 

I took my GoPro, so here are so perfectly calming pictures of New Smyrna Beach of July with Winter Ice Water. ;) 







Underwater Sky Picture. See the curve and the shirring? :)



Whenever I get a good session of pictures like this, I never regret spending that money to buy my GoPro. 






Underwater Selfwe with Shan!! 

Florida, please don't ever change. 

Summer is better with friends. 


Swim Buddies.

Kirsten! YAY! 

Beautiful. I've missed swimming while the sun sets. 



It was so lovely being with friends at the beach!! 

We ate our packed dinners like good little kids, and then we had some lovely walks on the beach as the sun set and dusk approached. 

Which also involved climbing up in the lifeguard chair because it's too comfy to turn down and the lifeguard had left hours ago and the view is perfect. Plus, let's be honest, adrenaline can help you save anyone. 

"Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part."
~ Hermann Broch ~ 

Summer is a good time, and I love being out in it. 

With love always,
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments