SCC in concert -

Last week, I had the amazing opportunity to attend a Steven Curtis Chapman concert here in FL. The concert was just 1 hour from my house, and even though driving there was kind of scary (complete white-out on a 2 lane road with semi's and tons of rain for 20 minutes), I had such an amazing time. 

My dear friend, Laurie, was a volunteer to work the Show Hope table at the concert, and so I knew I would see her there, and her husband Jonathan, and their two eldest girls: Marjie & Caroline (long-standing members of my blog, haha). I rolled up in front of the huge church to see Laurie & Jonathan walking in, and felt the excitement roll with me. 

I've waited 5 years to see Steven Curtis Chapman in concert, and my goodness, it was worth the wait. 

So many tears, and so much joy. Prayers and raised hands and barely holding still for all my favorite music. 
Hearing SCC talk about his family, and Maria Sue and adoption and China and advocating for the fatherless. 
The concert ran overtime, for one reason or another....all I know is that I kept looking at the clock and he kept leading us in song. Song after song until we were 50 minutes in overtime. 

It was an amazing, worship-filled, God-praising, tears pouring down, grace spilling out, heart broken for the right reasons, joyous night. SCC is one of my heroes and his music has meant more to me than almost any other music. It has carried me through heartbreak, so so much heartbreak, and joy too. 

As you might remember, on Avery's anniversary of his homegoing last year, I donated money to Show Hope to fund orphans in Maria's Big House of Hope in China. I couldn't stop thinking about Avery that night. It was like......he was with me in the way that I remembered him when I thought about adoption. That he was making a difference, that we were making a difference through his memory. 

And that is just one of the many things that struck my heart in a big way that night. So special. 
Here are photos that I snapped, just so excited to see and be there and worship together. 

My ticket! SO worth it. I highly encourage you to look up tour dates and go. You won't regret it. 







It was almost like half a worship service/concert and the other half was a conference on adoption and talking about heartbreak and sorrow and life and God's faithfulness on the other. SCC is so real and raw and honest. That's why his music has so greatly impacted me. I admire him so much! 





The Glorious Unfolding Tour!! Listen to the whole CD, you will love it!! 

He sang so many old songs too, which I loved, because I knew them....and it wasn't just new CD promotion. 

The concert was amazing. I came away SO blessed and encouraged. 

Thank you, SCC!! 

And we all met David Trask, SCC's road manager! And he loved my boots. ;) 

Here's Laurie, Jonathan, Caroline, Marjie & David Trask! Love that family so much. 

It was a really special night, and one I won't soon forget. 

With love always,
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments