The Jamboree of '13 Day 2 -

So Ben & Emily graciously allowed me to spend the night at their house on Saturday night so I wouldn't have to drive back home, and then drive back in the morning, it was SO relaxing and fun. Of course when we got up in the morning though, Emily and I acted like two best friends at a sleepover and were chatting away and suddenly realized it was 10:30 in the morning. Oops. haha. So we got ready and left, and well, you already know this story. This is the day The Proposal happened. If you haven't heard me screaming in joy about it from miles away, or haven't seen it on FB or read it on my blog........hop on over there and then come back. 

These are some photos of Loner's Junction, when I was trying to be "normal photographer friend" 
and take normal pictures instead of grinning like my head would explode. haha. 

Here's Emily playing bass! And looking lovely, if I do say so myself....which I do. 

And Emily's husband, Obi, playing the banjo. 

And Gabe. And Abi. *shrieks* Sorry. I just can't help myself. Gabe says it was one of the best times 
he's ever played his music, was right before the Proposal. Sweet, hmm? And amazing. I'd be a wreck. 

 Sweet swinging feet.  

Something was funny. :D  

Trying to hold in all the joy was hard. :) 

Still laughing about that thing. Love them. 

Boaz the Brave. He was so kind and asked me to waltz later, and we had a blast together. :)  

Leah in giddy joy on the end, and Mr. & Mrs. Morse thinking....some moments before The Proposal. 
I could get all teary thinking what was running through their minds....their sweet girl getting engaged....
but I really don't know what they were thinking. ;)  

Ben looking like Ben.....and my bestie and her girl. G looks like she is waving, but I think it was a coincidence. :D  

Obi always manages to look classic. I don't know how.... I think it is the glasses.  

JOY.  

And then the JOY erupted into tears and hugs all around and shrieks and dabbing at cheeks and laughing
 and "YES! YOU DID IT!"'s and more hugs and more waving at the tears in our eyes.  

SEE?  

So incredibly sweet. Such a gloriously happy day. 

And then we had to walk around like normal people after that!! Ummm......no. hahaha. I was SO distracted. People had to repeat things about 3 times until I would answer. I called it Post Proposal Haze...and I wasn't the only one suffering from it. We just were on such a high together. :D 

But then I rounded a corner and saw blonde hair. Blonde hair in a tan dress holding hands with a guy she just married who has black hair. And I screamed, and ran into her open arms. 

It was Amanda. It had been a long year and a half since I'd seen her, and oh, how I had missed her

On October 22, she mentioned she might come to Barberville (from VA), and I assumed she was joking, until I realized she was not, and then I cried. Like the drop of a hat, the thought of seeing her and hugging her made me cry. So know that when I DID hold her in a hug again, I was teary eyed. 

It was wonderful. I must have hugged her 15 times in 2 minutes. And I met her husband and love, Tyler. Such a nice guy. I'm so happy for her. 

We walked around a little bit together, visiting the Sugarcane Shed.....y'all can't imagine how good this smelled. Mmmmmm. Smell of the South, y'all. 

Then there was the boiling corn stop. How lovely is that fire? Goodness. 

And here we find some miscreants eating ice cream and discussing the fire. 

Up to no good, like always. Those miscreants. *shakes head* 

I wanted the miscreant on the left in focus, but of course in the full blown sunshine I didn't realize I was shooting too small. But of course there are the creeper ice cream miscreants in the background that make up for it. 

The stunning oaks covered in moss and lichen all over the Settlement are gorgeous. 

The moss moves and wisps and sways in the breeze, and it just makes it all feel like.......Home

Walking to the old house.... 

You never know what you will see at Barberville. hahaha. There are stories and jokes that are hysterical.....but we love the grand mix. It's never dull, let's say it that way. "THEY ARE ALL AROUND ME." hahahahahaha. 

Georgia Girl. 

Joel had my camera and was trying to test settings.....viola. A Becky photo. :) And looking lovely! 

And then I happily got a picture with Becky, it was so fun coming home and having pictures with people, instead of just of them! Thanks Joel! (also, ignore my rebel curls)

And then, there was the dancing. I enjoyed it more than last year, it was so fun! I danced for about an hour. 

Swingin'.  

Oh my. Providence looked like a mini Kirsten American Girl Doll. Adorable.  

Don't be fooled. These younguns can dance better than most of us. hahaha. 

Precious girl.  

And more swinging! Swing, swing, swing! 

The newly engaged and bride-to-be, Miss Abigail. :)  

Loving friends. All joy!! 

Talking and laughing. 

And then I handed the camera to Mrs. Brower and ran off to waltz with Boaz. She took these next ones! 

Waltzing. 

Awwww. 

Those age ranges is what makes Barberville so wonderful for families. Everyone loves it. 

Boaz and I laughing about what professional waltzers we are. hahahahhaa. 

Abi and Gabi & Tyler and Amanda!  

Lots of motion and twirling and spinning! 

I loved how the light came across the floor. 

And we tromped outside to take a few pictures.....because that's what we do best. Jeff and the lovely Nichole. It was SO good to meet her!!  

Jeff pulling off his glasses like Elvis. Sort of. 

Yes. We all know Batman needs some taking care of sometimes.  

The firehouse. 

The Post Office. 

The Chapel. 

I always try to sit down for one of the Jackson Creek concerts. I love their music so much. I could listen to it all day.
 And Leah joined them for a few songs, which makes it that much more beautiful. 

He played percussion with pretty much everything camping/old fashioned you could think of. 

But all too soon, someone put their hand on my shoulder, and I looked up to see Amanda, and knew what was coming.....it was goodbyes time.  I stared at her a little bit, just enjoying knowing I was standing a foot away, feeling so thankful that I was able to see her and meet Tyler. 

And then Emily took some very real and very us pictures. I think I'm more myself at the Settlement than I am at most places. Or maybe it just isn't as common to get photos at other places. 

But a hug picture with Amanda is a must. She loves hard and strong like I am. We are twins. 

More hugs (I had no idea she was doing this until I got home, haha).

But something made me start laughing. 

Because, obviously.....now we both think something is hilarious. 

But now I'm crying again. I hate goodbyes/farewells/see you laters. 

She is a special friend. An unexpected, strong, deep, loving friend. I've been so blessed to be friends with her. Some things are hard to put into words....but she has been there for me through a lot. I love you, Manda. 

I walked around sniffling for a little while after I said goodbye.

And thank you, Emily, SO much for those pictures. (I think Ben took this) 

They are both so wonderful and adorable and kind and sweet. 

When it is sunset at Barberville, there is this stunning hazy magic that happens. I love it. 

And then we have the Morse family. hahaha. I love Seth's natural curly afro sooo much because my Daddy had one just like it when he was younger, except it was red hair. :) Now we are trying to wind down from the day. And pretty much failing....because clearly. Look at Nathan. He is in denial. 

Yup. Hahaha. 

Shannon with ice cream in her mouth and wearing her lovely brown cloche. 

Kettle Corn. Mmmmm. 

The Settlement has it's own little fire trucks and water tank trucks and things. It's pretty neat (and cute). 

I love this girl. She has a million dollar smile. 

Sweet Emily. 

I wanted a picture of Tricia's baby belly, like we did when she was pregnant with David, back in September of 2011. 

Awww. 

And then Gabi stuck this in the shot at the very last minute. What a great Loner's Junction ad! HAhahaa!! We laughed SO hard.  

Precious David. 

Ohh, it makes my heart melt. He is such a lovey. 

Tricia is such an amazing, empathetic, loving Mama.  

And always ready to laugh with her boy! 

And Leah is always ready to make sure kiddos are being safe. A loving pat, keeping him close. 

And a very happy me, after a very happy day. And then I went to a very lovely bonfire, and then of course...I drove home and hit that deer. haha. Then I picked up Lucy Mae, got home and realized I couldn't find the garage door opener and was locked out, so I had to go through all my weekend packed bags to find it.....20 minutes later, I found it under the passenger seat. 
GAH. Such a FULL DAY




And that was the 2nd day of a very wonderful and memorable Fall Jamboree of 2013!!!
Thanks for reading!! 

With love always,
~ Jean Marie ~

Look for a surprise soon on the blog! I'm excited to share! 

Comments

  1. Loved this... so much. Your photos are amazing and inspiring. And your writing... I almost want to start crying tears of joy with you!!! And the ice cream creepers... gotta love them. And contra dancing till we are sore and exhausted with laughing so much. And. and. *happiness*
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!