9-11-13 Twelve Years -

It has been twelve years today since 9-11-2011. My heart still stops and the tears still come when I watch any footage. Anything. A photo. A clip of video. The flags at half-mast break my heart. 

9-11 makes me really sad. I think it always will. As it should. As a nation, we lost many that day in a horrible way. We stumbled through the next weeks in confusion, disbelief, tears and pain. And then it turned into years and suddenly it has been a dozen of them. How can that be....

Today the only thing that made sense was taking photos of our dear flag in the fading glory light. 
The only way I can somehow.... show my honor to those fallen. 

I never know quite what to say, because so much has already been said. Tears have been shed. 
Hearts still ache at the loss. But perhaps quiet is better anyway. Just seeing how the sun shone and the breeze blew our flag brought me peace tonight. And that's what I'm praying for all who grieve: peace

With much love always,
~ Jean Marie ~ 
















Comments