To be in your prayers -

"Our prayer must not be self-centered.
It must arise not only because we feel our own need as a burden we must lay upon God, but also because we are so bound up in love for our fellow men that we feel their need as acutely as our own. To make intercession for men is the most powerful and practical way in which we can express our love for them."
~ John Calvin


So many times, flipping through blogs and articles, I've wanted to just write a prayer page, or a prayer post, to let ya'll know of some people to pray for ... specifically. This morning, I just shoved myself into doing that. Please join in prayer with me for our fellow men and for those Christ may call to be His redeemed children. Especially in the case of those who have lost their homes or family in serious weather or tornadoes .... the need is great for Christ.

Let us be on our knees (literally or not) for the deepening and the pouring out of the gospel!

Patrick Airmen deploy to Afganistan - I pray often for all of our military, but knowing that I know one of these airmen just socked me in my gut this AM, please pray for the safety of these Airforce soldiers .... and for their families. Pray for rest, peace, and trust in our Lord, and that God would show Himself as Mighty Protector to these brave soldiers.

Joplin, Missouri Tornado - This tornado was just named the single deadliest tornado since 1950, as this morning's toll was 117 people ... it destroyed more than hundreds of homes, and just wreaked havoc and destruction everywhere. Since the band of tornadoes that ripped across the South in 6 states a few weeks ago, I've woken up many a morning praising and thanking God that I have a home to wake up in, and that we are all safe. I fear tornadoes highly. Please be in prayer for the survivors, that their greatest hope now would be in Christ, and that the church would pour out their own blessings upon those in need.

"Our Thoughts are Heavenward" - May 21st, 2011 (3 days ago) was the 3rd anniversary of the homegoing of Maria Sue Chapman - Please do be in prayer for Steven and Mary Beth, and their family. Their hope is in Christ, and their outpouring from their grief has blessed so many. As you will read in the article ... their newest Show Hope board member, Donna Daniel and her husband Dan lost their 17yr. old son, Michael just a few days before the 3yr. anniversary due to a skateboarding accident. Please, please, hold the Daniel family close in your prayers.

~
These are just a few requests .... you know, I must have so many more. :) If you have a prayer request, please e-mail me at my address (on sidebar --->), so I can pray for you....and let me know if you would like me to share it with our prayer readers. :) I love to hear from you at any time .... please let us come before the Father together for each other, and for those we do not know, yet so desperately need the love and the grace of our Lord Jesus.

With much love, knowing God does great things through the outpouring of the saints -
~ Jean Marie ~

"The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." ~ James 5:16

Comments