Sono Harris -

"To be absent from the body, is to be present with the Lord."

How precious that promise. Last night, among celebrations of Independence Day of America, there was another celebration....one on a shore not yet reached by those living here, at a Mansion we dream of, in a place we cannot fathom, the celebration of a saint stepping into Heaven -
Sono Sato Harris.

Please join me in praying for the entire Harris family, as they grieve and rejoice ....

And one of my favorite songs, taken from the Valley of Vision (lower sidebar), sung by Shannon Harris, (Josh's wife, and daughter in law to Sono Harris) on Sovereign Grace Music.
The link is HERE. I don't think I can tell you how much and how long I have listened to this song, how many tears and weeping and longing have been poured out as I have sung this song over the years .... how deeply the words resound through life.

Please listen.
Please pray.

His life in my death, His joy in my sorrow, His wealth in my need ...
my need for Thee, oh my precious Jesus,
~ Jean Marie ~

"When You lead me to the valley of vision,
I can see You in the heights,
and though my humbling wouldn't be my decision,
It's here Your glory shines so bright.
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown,
to be low is to be high,
that the valley's where You make me more like Christ.

Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death,
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow,
Your wealth in my need,
That You're near with every breath ...
in the valley.

In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
but they only shine at night,
and the deeper that I go into darkness,
the more I see their radiant light,
so let me learn that my losses are my gain,
to be broken is to heal,
that the valley's where Your power is revealed. "

2006 Sovereign Grace Music

Comments

  1. Lovely to rest in His Sovereignty sweetly when there is nothing else we can do. Because He lives, we too shall live!
    Love you,
    mcd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this Jean. I didn't even know about Sono Harris! Will be praying...

    Blessing to you Dear Sister,

    Ike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Mrs Harris had passed away until I saw it here.... How sad for the Harris family.... They will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!