Land that I love -

Independence Day 2010
July 2010 Independence Day ~ The Foster Mansion


I can't stop listening to different versions of "America the Beautiful" on YouTube .... but I keep going back to Ray Charles singing it .... ohh, it gives me chills. I mean, who didn't grow up with listening to Ray Charles singing that? *sigh*

When Independence Day rolls around ... I go into full-patriotism-mode. No one can stop me .... no one can hold me back. Listen, I went to a rodeo with Paulina, and I just about starting sobbing halfway through the National Anthem. Patriotism and love of my country flows so deeply through my veins .... nothing can remove it. If you don't love America, then move. (I put that in small print so Mom can't read it and tell me to be nice) Ahem.

America - I love you. Land that I live in, and thrive and sing of. You hold my pride.

So since I'm getting dangerously close to losing it emotionally after listening to too many patriotic songs and taps ... yeah, what was I thinking ... haha, I'm going to send you back a year on my blog. I have several reasons for not writing a huge post about everything I love about America: A. I don't have time, and I'm tired B. I wrote a post last year that I don't think I can beat with something I would write now. :) I'm sure you don't mind ... right?

1. HERE is the link for last year's Independence Day post.

2. HERE is the link for the photos and joy of my July 4th celebration with the dear Foster family, that we will resume our celebration from last year tomorrow!

Freedom, oh, freedom!!! America, America, God has shed His grace upon thee! 234 years .... God has truly blessed and sustained His children here, in our land. Our Country.

I leave you with an excerpt from a letter John Adams wrote to his wife, Abigail, that although he was off by two days of what he thought would be the declaring of our new country, his words would ring true and hold fast .... to the Country he wrote of. Amen!!

Philadelphia - July 3rd, 1776 -
"The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews (shows), Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.

You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. -- I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. -- Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not."
~

Happy Independence Day!!!!
With love, pride and honor for my Country,
~ Jean Marie ~

Comments