Aries I-X launch!

Today was a special day. It was the launch day of the Aries I-X rocket that so many people have worked on together, building, creating and planning for today, and it went off without a hitch, the only hold-back from yesterday was weather.

*(only hold-back in exemption of: a rather unenlightened freighter that sailed into the danger zone in the waters near the pad, and was very quickly intercepted by our guards out there, and *cough* enlightened - hahaha, it's hard not to feel just a weeee bit gleeful, since they were the ones that pushed the launch time off, and then we had bad weather, so it really was their fault that we didn't shoot it off yesterday.... alright, fine, it really was because God is amazing in His timing and today was a better day.)*. I deem that part of the paragraph a "Momma Lynn Sentence". We are in rebellion against the more short sentences of life. Because we are homeschooled, and we believe in rebelling against the world's standards.

That has been my shocking statement for the post. If you were surprised by that, I don't think you are homeschooled. Sigh. How did I get here?

Ah, yes - Aries. Amazing. HUGE, thin, white, powerful pencil shooting up in the blue sky this morning at 11:30am.

But first...can you spot what so cheerfully captured my attention early this morning at 8am, in this photo? Leave a comment if you know what it is. And no, there is no rust in that tree.

So. I took a picture of my visual and audio on the laptop, and all the chatter going on between everyone who gives updates and checks to make this baby fly. Viola! Aries on newly modified Pad 39B, the first time it's ever held anything but a shuttle. :)

Aries - I yelled out to anyone within the next block of houses - "THERE SHE IS!!!"! Don't worry, they are used to it.

Look at that power. It may not look like much here, but it was huge amounts ... the only reason it didn't scream out of sight like the smaller Delta or Atlas rockets, was because it was so huge and heavy. Yes. That little pencil thang is heavy. And tall.

So, I'm also not sure how my pics keep getting more and more skinny. I'm pretty sure that's not my fault. Whatever. If you click on the pic, it will enlarge and you can see more. Not as much as Daddy could see from the outside staircase at his building though. As he said: "MAN! What noise!!!". :D

From the ground up ...

A very happy sight to my eyes. The disappearing fire of a successful launch.

Up, up, up and away into the blackness of God-breathed-gravity-less-dark-air. But not into orbit. Just up and down for 2 mins. of powered flame and 6 mins. of flying fame. :)

Outta' sight. Way to GO, Aries girl, and way to GO, Aries TEAM! I love you, Dad!

Rocket clouds are always very neat as they start to drift.

Yes, I edited this. I wanted it to show just how much powerful contrast is in these clouds.

And I edited this more too, this was my view up.

So then I did what I always do - rush back inside to watch more video and listen to all the chatter. :) It is SO interesting to me! Knowing it was coming back in only a short while made it all the more interesting, for instance, I heard when they got the report on a visual splashdown of the rocket's booster stage almost 150 miles downrange. Wow. I watched history unfold and the men who waited, I saw them smile and shake hands!

... and I took pictures. On the laptop.

See? He was hearing the update report and writing on his tablet, and just after this, got the visual report. :)
Victory, Team Aries. Sweet Victory.

And ... that was my day. Aries I-X shot off and came down. Safely. It didn't explode and no one was injured.

And
Olivia's surgery went wonderfully, and so that was an enormous praise as well.

Oh.

And I made spice muffins. I sliced one in half, popped it in the toaster oven until it turned slightly crispy, and slathered it with some fresh honey butter. It tasted better than sliced bread (to put a whole new spin on that expression ... since we are in rebellion ... you know, against expectations). Tomorrow morning I'm thinking of toasting one, and then spreading Pumpkin Pecan Butter on it. I'll stand in front of the freezer and run around a little bit, and be half frozen and holding a hot muffin, and I'll shake a box of cereal and it will sound like leaves falling, and it'll be just like Thanksgiving in GA, outside, with the dry leaves crunching and the crisp air blowing.

It'll be just like I remember.

.... hey, even if it's just a little like it, that'd be good. :)

And that - my friends, is how you start loving little joys all the more. One day at a time.

Resting in God's mercies,
new every morning,
His unfailing promises,
and His abiding love,
~ Jean Marie

Comments

  1. Would it be the little red headed woodpecker on the tree that got your attention?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, was it the little red-head? :-)
    Hannah~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROCKET! It was a beautiful and loud launch. We may not have fall leaves.....but we gots rockets!

    Love your pictures of it!

    love and hugs!
    ~Becs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!