Today I am 26 -

1991 - I was 3. :) 

Today I am 26

Today I am....away at a resort with my dearest Mama. I'm going to treat myself to what I've been craving for a year. I'm going to take my birthday money and walk up to the cabana covered bar and probably be carded because I still look like I'm 12, apparently. Thankyouverymuch. 

And then I'm going to stretch out on a pool chair in my swimsuit, slip on my sunglasses, and drink my pina colada by the pool. 
I'm probably taking an irrational amount of pictures, and I couldn't even care less that it is 90 degrees outside. 

Because I'm 26 today. 

Sometimes I feel like life is passing me by, friends are getting married and moving ahead, and even worse, leaving me behind. Sometimes I'm sad that I'm 26, and I'm not married, with children, by now. Or that I'm missing out because I'm not traveling the world or changing it.

But then I remember I only have a few short years here and become resolved to enjoy everything around me. 
And I remember too all that has changed in the past year, things I have dreamed of came true. 
It makes me really excited for this year! I can't wait to see the places I'll go and the people I'll meet. 
I love learning, exploring, finding new ways my memories and desires come alive in life. 

I'll be thankful for however many years I'm given here....because I know too much to say otherwise. 

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." ~ Unknown

Sometimes, I'll be honest, I wish I was much more true to the lady I want to be, 
more true to my Godly legacy, more true to the calling of Christ I belong, more true to who I dreamed I would be as a child. 

But growing up doesn't happen all at once. And nor should it. Things I loved as a child, I still love now. I don't want to lose those things. Growing up is extremely overrated in my opinion. Being strong and mature is the goal, not losing the dreams you once had because adults don't climb trees or find staring at sting rays for 2 hours fascinating and crying because the whale sharks are so majestic (yo, last birthday - i miss you - best ever aquarium trip).

"It takes COURAGE to grow up and become who you really are." ~ E.E. Cummings

So I'm taking this growing up slowly. It's a peaceful journey that I love, this life. I'm thankful.  
And I can't wait to walk through more of it......now that I'm 26. 

Thank you, Jesus, for bringing me through another year. 

With love always,
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad I get to grow up with you. :) Praying you had a blessed birthday delighting in the beautiful life God has given you!
    *hugs*
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post. Made me smile. :) Great way to view your age! Keep living the sweet life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!