Wade is in Heaven -

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." ~ Hebrews 13:8

Late last night, Mama couldn't sleep, and so she and Daddy sat in the living room talking, and then I went and curled up next to Daddy and cuddled our puppy, and we all sat talking until 1am. And then we went to bed, and didn't go to sleep. At least I didn't.....I prayed and prayed for the Williams family, and then I slept that weird wake up sleep and kept praying for the Williams family. They were so heavy on my heart, and I felt the real weight of Heaven tearing open and Earth lifting up....

So when I woke up this morning, I knew Wade was gone. 

I didn't hear any news, I just knew. My heart said it, my gut told me it was true. 

I prayed more and more and finally realized I couldn't be here. So I ran away to the beach for a few wonderful, prayerful, peaceful hours. I looked out to the sea and knew God loved us undeniably, and I knew He was taking care of Wade and Wade's family, and I knew that Wade was with Jesus even then. 

And peace stole over my heart like only the peace of God can.

As soon as I got home, I logged onto the CaringBridge site, and yes...Wade was in Heaven. I gasped in pain but not in surprise....for I had known it. And so very special.....I was awake and praying for him when he went to Heaven. At that very minute, at 2am, I was awake, and I was praying for him. 

And then 10 minutes after reading, it hit me all at once, I barely made it into my bedroom because I was stumbling under the pressure of weeping. It hit me how hard it is to feel this depth of sadness. I am so very sad. I cried for 2 hours straight and sniffled through the 3rd, and my eyes tell the story of my tears. 

On this side of Heaven, I'm so sad that he is not here with his family. Looking into the other side of Heaven, I'm unbelievably joyful and thankful he is fully healed and well and probably leading everyone in hymn after hymn and he's found a guitar and singing to the One he loves so much. 

"We'll see it on the other side, the wait was only the blink of an eye." ~ SCC

From Wade's daughter Rebekah for the Williams family
"It is with a heavy heart that I am writing this post to you, my friends. 

My sweet dad went to be with the Lord last night at 2am (almost on the dot, he always liked to be punctual...). We were all there to sing and pray with him as he took his last breaths. The Lord answered our prayers and was very merciful to us, as he died very peacefully in his sleep....

As we are grieving and have hearts so heavy on this side of Heaven, I can only rejoice and smile when I think about what he is doing now ... I will leave you with his life verse, it is more true now than ever before.

"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord."
~ Psalm 40:3" 

The whole post and tribute to Wade is here, if you would like to read it. 

"And though we grieve for those we love who fall asleep in Christ, 
we know they'll see the Savior's face and gaze into His eyes.
So now we grieve, yet we don't grieve as those who have no hope,
for just as Jesus rose again, He'll raise His own." 

We crave your prayers for us, but much more for the Williams family. Pray for the peace and comfort of God to reign in the midst of their great loss and sorrow over their beloved father and husband and grandfather. 

As one of Wade's friends wrote - "A great man has fallen. I do not hesitate to state it thus. A greater legacy has been given to us all to glorify the King of Kings as did our brother Wade. Among his last prayer request given to me as speech came stutteringly to his lips was, "Pray that I will glorify...that I will glorify...that I will glorify.". Me too, brother, me too! I pray that I too will glorify our Master as you have!" 

With much love,
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments

  1. Hi Jean. I have been reading your blog for a while but have never commented. I just wanted to say that I know what it is like to have a loved one passed away, and I feel for you. When my nona passed away last years this song meant a lot to me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1znOs8qY6bM

    - Rose

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!