Memorial Day 2014 -


 Roses at the WW2 memorial on River Street in Savannah, GA today. It poured down rain today in Savannah. I stood in the rain, getting drenched, reading names and remembering the fallen heroes of our country, and thought it incredibly fitting to have it rain on Memorial Day. 

Palmetto Roses and Magnolia flowers on the WW2 Memorial in Savannah, GA. 

"And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave,
for glory lights the soldier's tomb, and beauty weeps the brave." ~ Joseph Rodman Drake 

It does something to my heart to stand in the rain next to a war memorial engraved with names and feel water sliding down my cheeks...perhaps I'm too shy to cry in public...but it seems the sky never is. War memorials move me - always have - probably always will. 

With thankfulness for their sacrifice, 
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments