Oct. 7, 2014 -

Today has been 2 years since my Grandma Florence left this weary world for Heaven's brighter shore. 

The gorgeous sunset the night after she left our world. 

It was hard hearing the news that Sunday morning, but even harder hearing the grief in my Mom's voice. Watching your parents grieve is such a hard, helpless feeling. But when I think back to those days around October 7, 2012, I'm only reminded of the love and comfort, community and kindness shared by our dear church family and close friends. The outpouring of care was huge. 

Thank you so much for that. 
2 years later, I'm continuing to be thankful for how you showed us comfort. 

Being in Ohio was not hard in the following days....it was a gorgeous Autumn....being with family brings much laughter and special times, and I treasure all those memories. But the day of the funeral and the burial was incredibly hard. I was so numb and broken from the deep losses and funerals over the summer months of that year, that I only teared up once. The choice was either 1. Cry and never stop or 2. Don't cry. I obviously chose the latter, out of pure necessity. 

2 years later, I miss her. I think about her every time I get a craving for olives, or ice cream, or every time I say "Heavens to Betsy!" or "Oh my stars and garters!" or "Forgive me all to pieces!". But it's more than that. I also miss the identity of having grandparents, and being known and loved in that way. She was my last surviving grandparent, and family is such a strong tie. 

I grieved the "losing of her" years before she died. 

But this is not the end. And for that, I'm so very grateful. 

I'm thankful for the years of prayers she prayed over me, knowing that she loved me, cared for me. 

And so it seemed so very appropriate to spend this morning in Bible Study with our church ladies and my Mama, talking about the Gospel, and the church as One, and a whole, and of Christ.....on the day that my Grandmother went to Heaven proclaiming those things until her last day. It's been 2 years, and I'm continuously thankful for her impact upon me, and upon all our family & friends. Heaven is sweeter, and I cannot wait to see her one day and never be parted ever again.

See you soon, Grandma Florence. I love you always. 

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; 
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." 
~ Psalm 16:11 ~

With love always,
~ Jean Marie ~ 

Comments