I'm turning 21 tomorrow -

... and my wonderful and sweet sister wrote such a special (and kind! haha) poem for me. She assented to me sharing it with you all, which I was very pleased about. :) It truly moved me to tears when I read through it. And oh, the goodness of the King and Savior of my soul, to bestow such mercies upon me, and giving me more than fading beauty. Thank you so much, Kimberly! I'm so thankful to God for giving me you as my sister for all of my 21 years! :D

I love you all, peasants and rich gentry alike. :)
My soul doth delight in the Lord,
~ Jean Marie

"Happy birthday, dear sis . . . ~ Kimberly
Jean Marie Fambrough . . .
She has such a fair beauty,
That never shall grow dim or frail.
Its fairer than its ever been,
And knows no final end.
For when her blushing curls are turned,
Her head be crowned a snowy white.
Her fairness shall have never been,
So clear, so ever bright.
For there is something 'bout her frame,
That's more than fading beauty.
'Tis deemed an "incorruptible" nature,
And "precious in the sight of God".
'Tis a beauty that is known, indeed:
"The hidden person of the heart".
(qts from I Peter 3:3-4) "

Comments

  1. Happy Happy Happy Birthday Jean!!!!
    Love you lots!!
    God Bless!
    ~Becca!

    And Kim, what a lovely little poem for your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jean!!!!... Thats Twice today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY JEAN MARIE!!!

    I'm right behind you! ;)

    I've been so blessed by your friendship in the short time we've known each other!

    I love you much!

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday deary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Hawaii we say:
    "E Hauoli la Hanau"

    Happy, joyous, birthday to you sweet young maiden.
    With peasant admiration,

    {{* *}}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!