Father's Day 2009 -

So, there's this guy.

He just happens to hold my heart until this other guy comes along, and holds all my Man Affection as well. He also happens to be handsome and charming and tickles me.

He talks and laughs and listens, shares joys and sorrows, prays over me, comforts me, holds me until my tears are over, gives me long hugs just because, and tells me how special I am on a daily basis. He talks politics, faith, the amazingness of God, church, freedom and war with me. He lets me roll down the windows and stick my head out, and play bluegrass as loud as I want in the car.

He takes me on dates to Cracker Barrel, and lets me talk as long as I have breath to. :)

He sings hymns in church with his whole heart, and prays to God like the Best Friend He is. He is moved by reading the Bible and I've seen him cry during communion and prayer. The knowledge of a man crying is not weakness to me ... it is a whole new strength when they love like my Daddy does.

He is just pretty much amazing.

November 2008 Mount Dora

He takes my photography and his photography seriously...and goes to the lengths for it! :D

He works incredibly hard when he sets his mind to do something, and makes sure it's a job well done. Jan. 2009 - Putting in a new door.

His wife loves him unabashedly, unreservedly and utterly. :)
His daughters adore, respect and cherish him.

The older one. June 16th, 2009
.... and the younger one. June 18th, 2009 (I had no picture of late of the two of us, so this will have to suffice...it means something special to the two of us anyway. The Crown semi-trailer inside at the convention we attended. :) )

It is no wonder that for us ... just about every day is a day that we are happy that this man - is our Father. And that He leads us to the throne of the Almighty and Truest Father ever.

That man ... all of that ... is combined into our Daddy. Ed Fambrough. And all of those things he truly is. We are so thankful. Happy Father's Day one day late, Daddy!. :) We love you ever so.

I wrote upon a smooth piece of shell that I found at the beach..."For He commands and raises the stormy wind, which lifts up the waves of the sea. Psalm 107:25" for him to keep.

And wrote a Father's Day card ... on the envelope - "To: Daddy, for Father's Day - or one of many special days, rather. :)" And so true that is.
Some shots from my card for him. Which is what I will end this Father's Day post with. :)

"Thank you for loving life with me ... classical and bluegrass playing while you drive & I lay my head on the window & let the wind blow everywhere, the quiet not needing to be filled. I love you that way. Happy Father's Day. :) Ever, Jean Marie"

Ever thankful for my Heavenly Father,
and my earthly, loving Daddy,
~ Jean Marie

Comments

  1. Awww, Jean . . . I don't know what to say but that God is so gracious: He has blessed me with such a dad as you have described and such a sister as wrote such a dear blog post. It's true . . . EXCEPT ONE THING!! :( "The older one" (June 16th, 2009) - its "such a shame for one so young to look so pale and peaky" (Sense And Sensibility). :( I mean, I know I am not Mary Anne but spare me! Please! I don't like being on blogs! Humbling . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, allow me to say it's a sweet and lovely picture of you and your dad....

    A sweet post, Jean.

    Love to you both

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I believe I detect a glow about
    Kimberly's face.
    A daughterly glow.

    Blessed, indeed.

    {{* *}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, such a sweet post! I love it. :)
    <3
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!