Getting our Christmas Tree -


Hey y'all!! I know I've been sooooo absent from blogging here. 
Most of my stories go on Instagram, and never make it to the blog! 

But it's Christmas Time again!! So yesterday, Mama and I went to Lowe's to get our tree like we do every year. 
I loooove the scent of pine! It immediately puts me in the Christmas mood. :)


The first tree I saw, I liked, and wouldn't let go of it!
This is SO RARE for me, because I like to look at ALL OF THEM. Haha.
But we loved it, and took a tree selfie because I'm nothing if not excited to get my hair
all sappy for the Making Memories Box my brain ALWAYS resides in. 

Love getting to make memories every year with my Mama. It's truly a blessing to live with them. 

So apparently our Christmas trees take on life stories of their own: The Ant Farm One,
The Elf Shop Tree Stand Debacle of '15, and this year's tree is already off to a good start....

SO THERE WE WERE,
taking a Christmas tree selfie, and I happily pick up our skinny-trunked tree (read: light and easy to carry). I'm carrying it horizontal like I will be doing multiple times over the weekend and as I walk over to where the guys are manning the tent, Man Bun Dude swivels and his eyebrow quirks and I think "Oh no. I've trampled his manliness by carrying it myself." So I set it down and say "It was just SO LIGHT!". I should have stopped while I was ahead but they just stood looking at it, and me. 

So I go on, being enthusiastic and extroverted...."It's so short! And fat!". Man Bun Dude on the other side of the tree: "Same." (HAHHAHAHAA) I bite my lip and ignore that while the three guys laugh under their breath. I plow on: "It's adorable! It's the one!" So then the guy holding my tree says: "Ok, how would you like the stump trimmed?" Me: "Oh, just level it off. If it needs more, I'll just take it off with the....(realizing this makes me sound even MORE capable)....hand saw." He smiles, "okay". 

I resolve not to say anything else since I've stomped on their job twice now. I stand there in my hiking boots and jeans and flannel and try to look like I can't see them struggle with the netting. I pull up my little car and get the trunk ready, thankful that now I have a job that he can do...."I know the trunk looks small, but it'll fit! It does every year! Thank you SO much! We usually just attach the bungie cords to the....", he interrupts me: "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to tie it down. Liability." 

As I laugh for reasons he probably thinks is awkwardness but is honestly me trying not to lose it, I say: "Oh that's fine! I'll do it! It's okay!!". I do it like I've seen Dad do it a billion times and in 1 minute the tree is tied in. So now I've picked out, carried, inspected, helped load, and tied down.....my Christmas tree. 

Thanks, tree lot dudes. I hope the rest of these weeks are as easy as us. 

Y'ALL. I can't even make these stories up. I can't stop laughing about it. hahahahhaa. 
I promise I'm not a feminist. Just really capable apparently. 

Friday, December 2, was the first day it really started feeling like Christmas, and I'm so so glad it did. 
Happy Christmas Season from Lucy Mae and I!! 


With love and laughter,
- JM -

Comments